Uterine Prolapse | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uterine Prolapse Uterine Prolapse

Unread 07-04-2003, 11:07 AM
Uterine Prolapse

Hello Sisters,

I am LIW: waiting for surgery date this month.
I am getting second thoughts about having this LAVH.

I am 50 years, taking natural hormones; DHEA and progest.
My cycles are very erratic sometimes skip 2 -3 months; but the last 2 were two weeks apart and very painful with heavy bleeding. My problem is prolapsed uterus. secondary. My gynocologist has reccomended LAVH with cyctocele and possible rectocele repair.

I told her i was having second thoughts. She said this isn't life threatining and i could live with the prolapse; but it wasn't going to get any better.

AT the end of the day; I suffer with the heavy pelvic pressure,. not to mention the visible prolapse.

Can anyone out there please tell me was it worth it to you to go through the hysterectomy; the recovery, painful incisions; fatigue???? Now that you are on the other side; do you regret it or did it actually improve.

I am tired of the heavy feeling; painful periods; but will i be trading in one set of problems for another.

I would appreciate any advice from the sisters. I know once i make my decision , i have to go forward and not look back.

This is the most scariest thing i have ever done.

Thanks for any reply. I LOVE THIS WEB SITE!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2003, 04:13 PM
I am on the other side now

I had a TAH on June 5th. I had a bladder prolapse, rectum prolapse (rectocele), uterine and vaginal prolapse. She resuspended by bladder and vagina. Doctor also inserted a mesh on the vagina walls in order to strengthen the walls and to prevent a future prolapse. Was it worth it? YES!. I can pee better than before, pain is less and no pelvic pressure. I am still only 4 weeks post op, so still recovering, but I am amazed at how I feel. I still get tired easily, and still have restrictions on lifting and housework. But it was worth it. Now when I look back on the past few years, I see how many times "I wasn't feeling well" due to pelvic pain and pressure.
Take care
Levanah
Unread 07-05-2003, 05:15 AM
Uterine Prolapse

Hi, I had TAH, both ovaries left, 7.1/2 weeks ago and have been fortunate enough not to have any problems after the operation. The scar was a bit sore when it was healing, but apart from that I feel wonderful. My only regret, I didn't have it done years ago. (3 days after the operation, I had to ask my surgeon if he had done a TAH as, apart from the scar, and sitting up, I honestly could not tell) . All the best to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2003, 08:42 AM
Michelle

I'm over a year post. Yes it was worth it all.

I was 56 at the time. Had proplapsed uterus with bowel and bladder proplapse also.. I had tvh with bladder and bowel repairs. Some days I didn't think it was worth having it done I felt so bad. Had problem with bowels not wanting to work. It took forever(It seemd like) to get everything working correctly. But of course i am an impatient person. Couldn't get my energy level to get going. Had colonospy in Oct. found polps took them out, Energy level went up 30%. Dr. daid was from having bowels prolapsed for so long.

Now after the 1 year mark I wish I had had all of this done sooner and not waited for the proplase to have gotton so bad.

Of course I was a big chicken, never having surgery before.
All the thoughts that go through you head, Just remember that the waiting is truely the hardest part.
Unread 07-05-2003, 11:49 AM
Uterine Prolapse

Thanks sisters for all of your comments.

This has helped me tremendously.
Unread 07-05-2003, 06:15 PM
Uterine Prolapse

I am nearly four weeks post op and am just so pleased I have had this done. I too had uterine prolapse (II), terrible incontinence problems, a very stretched vagina from four vaginal deliveries (one very large baby in my forties too) and yet I didn't want to have surgery and decided I could live with the problems. A few weeks ago I discovered I had cervical dysplasia and instead of leep or cold cone biopsy decided to have a hysterectomy with bladder neck suspension, bladder tack, cystocele repair, and vaginal repair. And what do I feel - I'd forgotten what life was like before my four children. I can have a full bladder and know I won't pee before getting to the lavatory, I can laugh and cough (which makes the scar hurt!) but I don't pee, I love showering at the end of the day now - I used to dread washing my vagina because it was beginning to hang out. And now it's just so NEAT again. Still on the road to recovery but I'm so glad I had this surgery done - no regrets at all! Hope you come to the same conclusion post -op! Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register