weight of uterus | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

weight of uterus weight of uterus

Unread 03-04-2014, 07:35 PM
weight of uterus

So today I had my 6 week check up (surgery Jan 17). Surgery went very very well. Vaginal cuff is healing nicely as she could feel scar tissue (good thing i guess) forming. There was one small spot that was still a bit red which could be the result of my small amountnof pink when wiping from time to time. A swab was taken to check for infections. My uterus weighed 200 grams. Would like to know what that is in pounds. Also had a growth within the fallopian tube on the left that measured 3cm x 3cm.

She did an internal with the speculum and fingers. She checked my ovaries by pressing internally and on my tummy. No pain either way. She suggested two more weeks before intimacy.

I do not require any further follow up unless I have any complications. I asked about the cramping feeling and she suggested that it could be my bowels or muscle healing. Because we have no uterus there will be no cramping. We will still cycle but not have the end result of bleeding.

Hope everyone that has returned to work is managing alright and sending hugs for continued good healing. This website has been amazing during this journey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2014, 10:44 PM
Re: weight of uterus

I'm glad your appointment went well! I hope you don't have an infection and you continue to heal well! When you convert 200 grams to pounds it is .441 pound or 7.05 ounces.

Best wishes as your recovery continues! We hope to see you around the boards!

Deb
Unread 03-04-2014, 11:14 PM
Re: weight of uterus

My dr also said the same about the cycling and cramping. When she did my exam she said there were still a couple stitches, but everything looked and felt great. My uterus weighed 500 grams which is a little over a pound. My uterus was the size of an 18 week pregnancy and had one huge fibroid and one small one on the outside.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register