moodiness after partial hyst | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

moodiness after partial hyst moodiness after partial hyst

Unread 03-21-2011, 07:53 AM
moodiness after partial hyst

so im 6 days post surgery, on day 4 i was a emotional wreck! im still a little anxious and wondering will this soon subside
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Re: moodiness after partial hyst

I also was having emotional issues last week. (I had a partial...one ovary is still there). I had gone back to the doc because of increased pain, and was crying the whole time I was there. I wasn't necessarily crying because of pain, but it felt more like I was just being SO emotional about it....I am not normally a crying-type person. Anyway, I told the doc that I was concerned me ovary wasn't working because I was crying. He said that it is common for the ovary to go into a sleep state for a while after surgery, but that it usually will start working normally again, and to just give it time. He didn't tell me how much time...but that my body just went through a major surgery and it takes time to recover.

Anyway, I hope you start feeling better soon!!

hugs!
Unread 03-21-2011, 09:30 AM

Here is another tid bit from my Doctor..I kept both ovaries and started having mood swings. He stated that if you had PMS with your period than you are going to have PMS without the periods. You still have the same hormones...so I thought about it and this would be my week for that so....I'm going to let it play out and if its the same next week. I'm gong to ask for a blood test...good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2011, 09:32 AM

ok thx so much tht does help!..i still hve both ovaries and cervix..but then again hubby not making things any easier!....he sends me going emotionally, and it seems tht this week is worse!..im to the point of climbing down our 3story apt floor and going to stay with a friend!
Unread 03-21-2011, 09:33 AM
moodiness after partial hyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by srob08 View Post
Here is another tid bit from my Doctor..I kept both ovaries and started having mood swings. He stated that if you had PMS with your period than you are going to have PMS without the periods. You still have the same hormones...so I thought about it and this would be my week for that so....I'm going to let it play out and if its the same next week. I'm gong to ask for a blood test...good luck
u know wht, this woulda been my week as well..well last week more so.
Unread 03-21-2011, 09:55 AM

now im sitting here bawling my eyes out!..thinkn bout leavn home...the bad part is that i dnt think he would even care...i dnt know wht wrong?!..could it just be hormones?...
Unread 03-21-2011, 11:17 AM

Take a deep breath..Mine freaks out all the time. go back and re read the forms..there is one on men and man period during this time. How he is not getting any attention and does not know how to deal with it....just relax and tune him out for a bit. pick up a good book and block out the world!
hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register