Stupid question but can I cycle now??!!.. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stupid question but can I cycle now??!!.. Stupid question but can I cycle now??!!..

Unread 04-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Re: Stupid question but can I cycle now??!!..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni3ll3 View Post
The numbers come from a number of comments that some doctors have given our members. I don't have a research based source for them. Other doctors say that we are healed much faster but most comments from the ladies on this site seem to not validate the faster healing. I can only go on my own experience where I said I thought I was completely healed at 5 and half months and I was proven very wrong. Pushing a heavy cart in caused me to have internal soreness for a week (my incision was not sore at all). If I was truly healed completely, I would not have had that soreness. Now I can do anything and not have any repercussions so I know I am healed. That took well over 6 months and closer to a year for me. Like my signature says, my comments are based on my own experience and what I have learned from others on this site.
Thanks! I was wondering from day 1 how soon I would be healed inside and couldn't find anything concrete by googling. And Dr's aren't very specific. My Dr. seems to think I can go to a 2 day conference next weekend (just shy of 4 weeks) with hours of walking around. I think she's nuts. I just got home from the grocery store and felt like I needed a nap. Good and bad days I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2013, 02:18 PM
Stupid question but can I cycle now??!!..

I was back cycling from 6 weeks and back on my snowboard at 8 weeks. That's not to say it was 100% fine, both hobbies caused swelly belly more than a normal day and my energy levels were not perfect but else it was fine.
I asked my doctor at 4 week check up if there was anything I could do that would ruin his work inside and he had said definitely no, at that point he felt nothing could undo internal healing even though wasn't 100% complete and that's all I really needed to hear.

It's true it takes a while to get back to full recovered state but once first weeks are done the internal is healed enough that only extreme situations could somehow undo that healing ... For me anyway, and honestly anything extreme enough to hurt the inside after say 6 weeks is going to hurt everywhere else too
Unread 04-26-2013, 03:59 PM

Everyone is different. I had 2 c/s and gallbladder surgery and I was able to have lavh. Dr said mine was complicated and he ended up having another dr assist but it was successful.

I returned back to work part time in less than 2 weeks and I've been pushing shopping carts without any pain or problems.

I don't lift items and I still take it easy but everyone is different. I would trust my dr. Just because it's online somewhere doesn't mean it's true.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2013, 04:37 PM

I started doing plyometrics at 6 weeks (lots of high jumps, heart rate pegged out the whole time.) I had a little pain afterwards, but nothing big. It's much more high impact than cycling (I'm a cyclist too.) I put my bike in the trainer at around 4 weeks (felt a stitch poking for a few days after- not fun). Do you have a trainer? If so, use it the 1st day to see how you feel or just go out and ride easy, maybe 10 miles no elevated heart rate be prepared, my hr was higher than normal. Don't climb mountains your 1st day out. Set out for an easy day for a bit. Good luck and enjoy. FYI, I knew last June, I needed surgery, but couldn't stand to be down for cycling season so I suffered until winter, but am glad I did

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register