Bleeding right on schedule--- but everything was removed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding right on schedule--- but everything was removed Bleeding right on schedule--- but everything was removed

Unread 02-13-2017, 09:39 AM
Bleeding right on schedule--- but everything was removed

This is so strange. I didn't have much of an issue with bleeding after a few days after surgery. I have had uterus, cervix, and ovaries removed. Saturday I felt very PMSy. Sunday, I started bleeding. The weirdest thing is that I was due for a period that day! I know nothing was left, since I have the pathology report and it noted the cervix. I'm hoping this is coincidental. Waiting to hear back from doctor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2017, 10:54 AM
Re: Bleeding right on schedule---but everything was removed

I'm sorry to hear that this is happening! Glad you called your doctor!

My understanding is that for those of us with our cervix removed, the only possible way for blood to come out is if there is a tear in the vaginal cuff. If it is a small amount of blood, it can also be a normal part of healing, such as when your stitches dissolve. I have even heard of remnants of the stitches coming out onto the maxi pad! Yuck, can't wait, lol.

I hope it is a coincidence. A fair number of sisters have reported no bleeding and then suddenly weeks after their surgery there is some blood. This is the only reason I haven't thrown out the last of my pads, I am sure the day I do I'll need one.

Let us know what your doctor says, I'm hoping for a good outcome for you!
Unread 02-13-2017, 01:18 PM

wow, was this resolved? Its kind of scary to read this. I had a TAH and cervix removed as well. Tulip81, I hope you are doing well and all is ok. I was thinking, how would I know for sure if it was all taken out? I have surgery pain, I had blood the day of surgery (2-3-17) but I just have to trust that the Doctor did what he said he would do!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2017, 01:32 PM

I haven't heard back from the Dr, yet, but the bleeding stopped. It's just really weird timing. I know someone else who passed clots, even, and she had the same surgery as I did. She was told she was healing just fine and it's all part of the process. She had her surgery a long time ago and reassured me that what I'm experiencing is normal. I'll let you know what the doctor says.
Unread 02-13-2017, 01:42 PM
Bleeding right on schedule--- but everything was removed

Well, the doctor says if I'm still having bleeding tomorrow to call and she will get me in.
Unread 02-13-2017, 01:53 PM

I had a davinci the 3rd and ive been spotting every day since. My doctor says its normal for the first 3-4 weeks.
Unread 02-13-2017, 02:02 PM

to all of four of you. I'm thinking it's perhaps a coincidence, too. Coffeeandyarn is spot on in that spotty or light bleeding can fall in the range of normal even if you've not bled before. It can happen from stitches dissolving, or maybe doing a bit more than you've been used to - or it may be just where you are in the healing process. There's a very good article on Spotting vs. Bleeding after Hysterectomy which goes into quite a bit of detail on what you might encounter.

The general guideline shared here is that if you're soaking a pad in an hour, that'd be an emergency (likely a cuff tear). Cuff tears don't happen that often, but when they do, they need to be treated without delay.

Good move on calling your doctor just to be sure. Rest well!

Unread 02-13-2017, 02:30 PM

As you aren't 6-8 weeks post-op, I don't find your sudden discharge to be anything other than coincidental.

I didn't have any discharge UNTIL my stitches started dissolving into my third week, and it continued until about 7 weeks post-op.

Best wishes to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register