LAVH what to expect wk 2? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LAVH what to expect wk 2? LAVH what to expect wk 2?

Unread 06-07-2005, 05:12 PM
LAVH what to expect wk 2?

I am having help (dh) with the kids the first 5 -7 days, then I am on my own...My kids are 4 & 5 and wondered is this going to be too much to handle? How are you ladies doing out there by week 2? Are you still doing all the sleeping that happened during wk 1?

My mom has already told me she is going to be too busy that week to come out (she doesn't have a job, but is expecting house guests over the weekend) Yup got one of those moms - she wants to spend that time thatt I will be alone on my own, cleaning her own house...so I might be able to have a friend come out and bring her kids - we live out in the country so its not feasible for her to just pick up mine. But that is about it on help....

My kids are at that age where they tease and bicker, I know I am just going to loose it if I am in pain and I have to yell at kids to behave! Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2005, 06:22 PM

Hi Roo456
I'm 4 weeks post op tomorrow,all i can tell you,from my experience is that you might want a little help with your children.They are young,and though you will be feeling better,you will probally be pretty sore still,i was not allowed to lift over ten pounds,but i was cleared to resume normal activities,at 4 weeks im still on 10 pound lifting restriction.I did return to work at 16 days post op,and was very very tired,i missed my afternoon naps but thats better now,i am slowley working the soreness out,and doing better everyday.Just remember,listen too your body,and rest when needed.

Lynn LAVH/BSO May 11th
Unread 06-08-2005, 01:24 AM

I'm so sorry about your mom . . . . but can relate, she sounds a lot like my mom who is a clean freak and always worried about impressing people. It's annoying!

As far as extra support, if you can get it I think it might be a good idea. I see that you are also having a SPARK with LAVH . . . I assume the SPARK is some sort of bladder repair or sling? Am I right? I had a LAVH with bladder repair/sling and can tell you I still had a lot of pain during week 2. I have 5 & 7 year olds and actually looked forward to the moment they headed out to school so I could be alone. It's hard with the kids there because they just don't understand . . . they jump around you or want to cuddle or watch their program on tv, or need something, etc. and I just didn't want to deal with any "extras" while I was hurting. Once the kids and dh left for the day I was pretty sufficient, just resting and eating light meals that had already been prepared for me. One difference in our situations is that my husband was able to dress, feed, get them in bed, etc. etc. and you will be alone. I really don't think I could have handled that during the second week. I did have some complications with my bladder and a catheter in for about a month post op so I think that contributed to my pain level. Hope this information helps, feel free to send me a pm if you have any other questions. Hoping your surgery goes smoothly and you have a quick, uneventful recovery.

Take care, jmw

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register