Not Scheduled DX: Complex Atypical Hyperplasia In LIMBO | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

DX: Complex Atypical Hyperplasia In LIMBO DX: Complex Atypical Hyperplasia In LIMBO

Unread 03-27-2017, 12:30 PM
DX: Complex Atypical Hyperplasia In LIMBO

Back in Novemebr I volunteered for a stufy for Utrine Fibroids, my reasoning was to have a diagnosis, and it not cost a fortune to find out. Well I was disqualified for the study because they found a polyp. The nurse called and said I needed to get the polyp removed. I called and got an appt here at the local ob/gyn clinic. The dr talked to me about certain procedures that they could do I settled on a hysterectomy buti elected to keep my ovaries. Long story short the Dr herself called me on friday to tell me that I had CAH and she would not be performing the surgery that she would be referring me to an gyn/oncologist. She stressed that she wasn't saying I had cancer but after that word that's all i could hear. I'm now waiting for the dr's office to call me to set up an appt. I'm scared but of course for my children ages 30, 27, 25, 22, 19 I'm all smiles and it's going all good. My questions are 1. Do I need to leave my ovaries behind? 2. Does this change the kind of surgery I am having? 3. Is the recovering time the same??? Thanks for reading and any help you provide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2017, 02:48 PM
Re: DX: Complex Atypical Hyperplasia In LIMBO

It's better to have a gyn onc perform the surgery as they're more knowledgeable as to what to look for and what kind of samples have to be taken during surgery.

Have you finished menopause yet? The standard of care now is for premenopausal women to keep their ovaries even if they have early-stage cancer, let alone hyperplasia.

The fact that your surgery is for hyperplasia doesn't in itself change the method by which the surgery is done. However, different surgeons have different preferences, so your gyn onc may recommend a different method than your gyn was going to do.

If the the method changes, the recovery time may also change. The fact that the surgery is for hyperplasia doesn't affect the recovery time.
Unread 03-27-2017, 09:21 PM

No I haven't even started menopause yet. As we speak I have started my period. yay me!! I am just trying to do a little research, I was at the dr on Thursday and was notified Friday that I would be seeing gyn/onc just a lot scred but trying to figure it all out!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2017, 10:38 PM

Hi and welcome,

I also went for a routine exam and after several tests and medical opinions, I received your diagnosis too. My regular gynecologist scared me to death by telling me my case was too complicated for her and she referrred me elsewhere. The oncologist is really the best way to deal with this surgery because they have more experience "dealing with the unknown". It's hard not to be scared when you hear words like cancer and abnormal cells thrown out you. I had to have my surgery very quickly from the time of my diagnosis, so that too added to the fray. Because of the possibility of cancer, I needed to have a total Hysterectomy - with ovaries removed. I was very lucky that all my abnormal cells were removed during surgery and no further treatment was needed. So please don't assume the worst. Thinking positive helps reduce stress.

Here is a link that offers suggested questions for you to ask the oncologist:
Questions to Ask at My Pre Op

Take your time making this decision and consider getting other opinions as well. Knowledge is power so please research our site's articles and videos. We are here for you on your journey. Ask questions and learn all your options.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register