Surgery Scheduled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Scheduled Surgery Scheduled

Unread 01-25-2005, 05:33 PM
Surgery Scheduled

I have been reading posts for months but never introduced myself because my surgery hadn't been scheduled. At first I was told I would have a TAH-BSO but the doctor now has decided to go with LAVH-BSO which was good news for me. I have never had major surgery and am quite nervous. Pre admissions testing is 2/2 and surgery 2/8. I am very thankful to have found this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2005, 05:41 PM
Surgery Scheduled

I myself have been reading post. I never joined until 1/24/05. My surgery is scheduled for 2/08/05 also. My pre-op is 1/27. My doctor wanted to do my surgery on 2/01, but I wouldn't. I would rather be at home in pain than in the hospital on my birthday.

I am scared to death right about now. I was okay for the last three months, but now the fear has basically overcome me. I hope your surgery goes well.

Morena
Unread 01-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Surgery Scheduled

I'm right there with you ladies. I joined Hyster Sisters last month when it looked like a hysterectomy was the only option and didn't write my first post until yesterday. I just found out this morning that I will be going in to The Castle on 2/16. I thought finding out the actual date would make me feel better but it didn't. I'm nervous to the point that my stomach is upset and I have three more weeks of this worrying! I don't know if I can take it!!!

Best of luck and lots of prayers for both of you!

Lynne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2005, 08:12 PM
Surgery Scheduled

Lynne.
I thought the same way about setting my date. I was okay, I think, until maybe a week ago. I made my appointment in December. I was excited. Excited that the pain would be going away soon, but now I'm so nervous and depressed I'm eating everything in site. Of course, none of it is healthy, maybe the salad only. Please don't do what I'm doing. Say No To Food

Morena
Unread 01-26-2005, 07:17 AM
Surgery Scheduled

Hi Morena!

I hate to hear how nervous and depressed you are, but it makes me feel better to know that someone is feeling exactly how I'm feeling and that I'm not going crazy! I can't understand why I'm feeling this way. I wanted this surgery and I know it's for the best, so why do I constantly feel like I want to cry? I have barely slept since I found out my surgery date on Monday and I feel horrible. I haven't started stuffing my face, but I'm afraid that phase is coming. I just can barely eat right now since my stomach is in such knots.

I really hope that this gets easier for you.

Hang in there!

Lynne

P.S.
Unread 01-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Surgery Scheduled

Hi Ladies,

I just joined up yesterday....I was told about the site in December when it looked like I would have to have surgery though. Reading through the posts it's good to know that I'm feeling the same things are you all are! While I want the pain and mess finally taken care of surgery is still scary. Didn't realize I'd be in the hospital for about 4 days either

My surgery is scheduled for 3/1 - don't have my pre-admissions date yet, but I have my cardio clearance on 2/21 and I have to get clearance from my primary doc between pre-admissions and actual surgery date. Plus all the other things I need to get done before surgery! I've been a bit freaked by the whole thing....

Aside from worry about actual surgery, I'm concerned about lenght of recovery. I'm single and working two jobs and can't afford to be off for long and my doctor is stay 8 weeks! Plus a bit worried about not having someone around 24/7 afterward. Also have tickets to see Lion King on 3/12 and hope to be able to go see that even if I have to go in my bathrobe!

Thanks for listening and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Lois
Unread 01-26-2005, 12:46 PM
Surgery Scheduled

I feel so much better now that I found this site and joined. I felt so alone. It is really hard to deal with the pain and everything that no one understands.

Lois I know how you feel about being off. In the office I work in, I am the only employee. I am kinda worried about leaving my boss alone. Hopefully I will not lose too many clients Oh well, I hope I will only be out for 4 weeks, but they are telling me 6 to 8 depending on how it is done. Maybe I will get an early release due to the fact I sit at a desk. I need a vacation, but not like this. Lois I hope everything works out with your jobs and Please Go See Lion King, even in your bathrobe. It will be better than staring at four walls or soap operas.

Painful day today, not to mention it is raining outside. Sometimes, I wonder if the weather is affecting my pain too.

Morena
Trying to keep my head up
Unread 01-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Surgery Scheduled

Morena,

Thank you for sharing your story! That's my problem also - I'm the only one in the office aside from my General Manager. So aside from my bills, I'm concerned about how my desk is going to look when I get back. My part-time job at a vet's office has already assured me that it won't be a problem and I'll be able to come back as soon as I want

So you're in pain - I believe that the weather does effect how a person feels. I'm in the Buffalo, NY area and we are dealing with snow and freezing temps!

I already have a stack of dvd's ready to go and tons and tons of books, so I'm not going stir crazy with soap operas and game shows

Sending healing thoughts your way!

Lois

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register