home from the castle, one day later | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

home from the castle, one day later home from the castle, one day later

Unread 10-08-2009, 06:33 PM
home from the castle, one day later

What, what a wham bam thank you ma'am my LSH was. I went in at 11 yesterday and was home by 11 today.

I went in to have just my uterus removed due to adenomyosis. While in there, they also found adhesions on my bladder and they removed those as well as scar tissue. The surgery took only about one hour. They made three holes, belly button and then one on each side. the left one really hurts because that is where they removed the uterus from.

I spent about an hour or two in recovery and then was moved to my room. Thankfully it was private room. I was in and out of it most of the rest of the day. DH and the kids visited for awhile. It's hard for them to see me like that but they did well.

I had lots of ice chips and apple juice. So I had to use the bathroom a lot. Which wasn't such a big deal except they had these leg compressors on me all night long. I do wish I had remembered my cough drops sooner though because I had a really dry throat from being intubated. I finally ate some cottage cheese and melon around midnight. Didn's sleep much but then again it was a hospital.

I am upstairs with the laptop, my books and my pillows. Downstairs has the TV but there are about 20 stairs and they are very painful to go up and down. So I'm camping out up here while DH is running round doing everything for the kids. I love that guy.

Thank you so much for this site. It really helped me feel like I knew what to expect and what I will continue to expect. I will be home for about 3 weeks and I have no doubt I'll be bored but after all is said and done, I'll be painfree.

I'm also going to make it a personal mission of mine to encourage women NOT to live in pain. If something is wrong, don't just keep it to yourself. There's no reason to live in pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Re: home from the castle, one day later

Welcome to the other side! Take care of yourself and remember that healing is a slow process.

Keep us posted on your recovery!
Unread 10-08-2009, 09:42 PM

Welcome to the other side. Sorry to hear that you are feeling a bit down.

I had an LSH. I had a GREAT experience. I checked in to the hospital at 7AM for a 9AM surgery, on a Monday. I checked out at 2PM on Tuesday. Could have checked out earlier, but my Dr. told me that my insurance had been billed for the time, so I should stay as long as I wanted to, and at least have lunch.

I was up and running by 4PM. I was actually eating a cheese and fruit plate at 3PM as I am hypoglycemic and needed protein. I was able to pick at dinner...took me 3 hours...but I made a great attempt. LOL!

As far as breakfast the next morning....I did the oatmeal. Then I stayed for lunch and did a half turkey sandwich.

I have a multi-level house. My bedroom is 40+ steps from my front door. It is 16 stairs from my kitchen. I did not have a problem getting to my bedroom on day one. I could have done the stairs from day one, but, I had two family members visiting me for the first three nights (days) home, so I let them bring me breakfast, lunch and dinner for three days and I stayed in my bedroom....which is large with a huge bathroom, so, I felt pampered. I also had a laptop to keep up with the world and this site.

I have to say, I look back at my LSH and my time off, with fondness. It really was a good experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2009, 10:49 PM

Congrats! I look forward to reading more post from you and wish you a smooth recovery!
Unread 10-09-2009, 04:11 AM

Happy to hear the surgery went smoothly and you are home and settling in. Sorry you feel like you were rushed out of the hospital a little to soon. Even though they are loud ect, the hospital does offer some amenities our homes do not have. Here is a suggestion that worked for me to help with stairs. Try going down one step at a time turned to the side of bit so you can hold the bannister with both hands for added support. You can also watch TV off your lap top. There are sites that will show many TV shows. I'm sure if you use google you will find them. Happy Healing

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register