Fibroid size of grapefruit - what kind of symptoms did you have? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fibroid size of grapefruit - what kind of symptoms did you have? Fibroid size of grapefruit - what kind of symptoms did you have?

Unread 11-20-2013, 05:52 PM
Re: Fibroid size of grapefruit - what kind of symptoms did you have?

I am having the same symptoms as zigaligalig. Sometimes my lower part of my pelvic hurt so bad that it goes all the way around to mu lower back. My surgery has been put off until March due to size of my uterus, that will require a 12 inch incision, and a blood transfusion. So I have been put on Lupron for 3 months, which has not been approved yet. My dr gave me Ponstel for this month which has helped a lot, but I need the lupron to stop the heavy bleeding, which has made me anemic. My belly is so extended, I look as if I am 6 months pregnant. The other night I just cried, because I am so ready for this to be over!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2013, 08:43 AM

I am 32 and have a massive fibroid. I am currently on my third month of Lupron to shrink the monster down (it seems to be working, yay!). Open myomectomy is scheduled for Dec 11th. Anyways, my symptoms have been pretty similar to everyone else's. I'm a pretty fit person but my abdomen is hard as a rock and is distended to about the size of a 16-18 week pregnancy (it was 20-22 but it's down some from the shots). For me this has been the worst part of all of it, looking pregnant and feeling self-conscious about it. I was also having very heavy/long periods, feeling extremely fatigued, and occasionally having pain that was very sharp. I can't wait until this is all over with and I can move on with my life! Good to know I'm not alone.
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:05 AM

All I have heard from the ultrasound tech and the DR. Is your uterus is huge! And full of a little larger then golf ball sized fibroids..... I have been in terrible pain for over two months.

Terrible sharp pains in pubic/pelvic area

Hurts in the rear when I sit down

Can hardly eat because I feel full

Struggle with complete constipation and bubbly tummy

Feel and look like I am 7 months pregnant

Dull aching back, kidney area

Painful to urinate

So bloated at times it's hard to breath

Wake at night constantly moaning in pain

Funny thing is 4 years ago a cat scan showed 2 very small fibroids which they never told me about, I had an ablation and it worked great for 3 years....now this! I thought my tummy was just getting that close to 50 belly fat that Dr. Oz talks about ALL THE TIME! My surgery (DaVinci, hopefully) Is scheduled for next Monday and I can't wait!! I want this thing out! Thank you for this post! It's nice to know I'm not the only one feeling discomfort from these, although I feel bad for ya all. Good luck ladies!!
Unread 11-27-2013, 10:48 AM

Hi,

I am 50 years old and have four fibroids, the largest is over 8cm and the smallest is 3.5 cms. Of course, they have probably grown since last measurement, lol! I am not yet menopausal and have regular periods that are pretty normal.

I am unusual in that I don't have pain. I DO have a visible mass pushing up above my pubic bone and I do have more gas than I used to (embarrassing!). During your menstrual cycle, the fibroids can grow and shrink up to 30%. It is quite shocking and I notice when they are at their largest.

My biggest fear is that the fibroids could mask a more serious underlying problem (like ovarian cancer, for example) but otherwise I am hoping they will shrink when the menopause arrives. If I were your age I would not hesitate to have them removed as they pretty much grow until the menopause hits, as far as I can tell.
Unread 11-27-2013, 12:29 PM

I haven't had kids yet and I really hope to so having a myomectomy is really the only safe option that I have to try and conceive someday. The docs told me that they'd normally suggest a hysterectomy for someone with a fibroid as large as mine but that's just not an option for me right now unless it's a life or death situation. I just pray that once this thing is out of my that a new one doesn't start to grow and that I'm able to go on and have kids. It's in God's hands!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register