Vaginal tens unit for incontinence | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal tens unit for incontinence Vaginal tens unit for incontinence

Unread 01-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Vaginal tens unit for incontinence

Hello. Its been a while since I have posted. I sorta run away from here when I was certain I was better. In the beginning it was a relief to be done with it. Eventually it became a way to ignore the obvious. It has been over a year since my surgery. You can see from my sig line what I had done.

I have recently been having major bladder trouble. I am needing to go more often. I can not stop my flow once it starts. Twice in the month of December I woke up sat up and wet my self completely. Just the movement of sitting up emptied my bladder. I urinate when I cough,laugh and sneeze.

I live 120 miles round trip from my hospital,which doesnt offer physical therapy for me,free. I qualify for free medical care based on my income through the hospital. The physical therapy is $100 a session once a week,3 month minimum. I simply can not afford it. I can get a tens unit with the vaginal probes for $400 with a doctors scrip.

Has anyone used one at home? I bought one from a medical supply in UK off ebay (brand new) for $125 shipping and all. I pray it works. If not I will buy the one in the states. The way I look at it I gave what 1 treatment would cost me,gas and all. If it doesnt help I really dont lose much.

I would love to hear about women who have used these and had success. The unit I bought was a NeuroTrac™ Continence.

Best wishes!!!

Lesa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2006, 11:03 PM

Have you been diagnosed with a specific bladder issue? If not, I dont think it would be wise to start using a TENS unit without being instructed to do so.

It sounds like you have pelvic floor muscle weakness (not being able to stop the flow of urine), and possibly overactive bladder (having to go more frequently). Of course there are other problems that can mimic what youre dealing with however youre not going to know for sure until you are examined by a qualified Dr (either GYN, UROGYN, or a URO who deals with womens issues).

good luck
d
Unread 01-23-2006, 11:35 AM

I understand where everyone is going to go with this. YES I have been seen by a doctor who highly recommended the Physical therapy with the tens unit,biofeedback and something else. Trust me I have researched this to no end. I can not afford to make the 120 mile drive to go back to the doctor so I am going to do the tens therapy at home. I am not trying to encourage anyone to do that themselves and I am fully aware of the dangers. I just wanted to chat with someone who has used one. Do they really work?

Thanks!!
Lesa
Unread 01-23-2006, 03:22 PM

in no way was I insinuating you were doing this on your own--I was just stating that it wouldnt be wise to use a TENS w/o first being examined. By your post it was hard to tell whether you had or had not been diagnosed.

Since youve gotten clearance from your Dr then by all means follow his/her instructions. TENS units are widely used to treat some pelvic floor problems.

good luck
d
Unread 01-23-2006, 05:01 PM

Oh No!! I didnt take it that way. I just wanted to let everyone know that I understand the risks of not seeking medical advice first. Sometimes I dont come off like I mean to. I apologize for that. Thanks for your post

Lesa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register