dd has mono! yikes!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

dd has mono! yikes!! dd has mono! yikes!!

Unread 11-15-2004, 08:06 PM
dd has mono! yikes!!

My DD was diagnosed with mononucleosis today. She has been sickly for about two weeks now, but her being 11, I never dreamed she'd have mono. I thought she had a simple cold.
These things can linger on and we are a close family, sometimes drinking from same cups etc. I won't be sharing my drink with her now, but it might be a bit late, her having been sick for a while already.
I don't want to seem selfish, but my surgery is scheduled 6 weeks from now. I have been on Lupron and the whole thing is carefully orchestrated. If I get mono, will my surgery be rescheduled, and if so, what happens to my Lupron shots and the schedule?
I'm feeling a bit nervous.
Thx.

Leena*pig*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2004, 08:44 PM
dd has mono! yikes!!

I think that you should call your dr and let him/her know what's going on. Maybe he/she will have some suggestions that can be a help to you in avoiding getting the mono yourself.

Of course, as you said, don't eat or drink after her. Wash your hands anytime you have been around her. Blow her kisses instead of contact. Tell her that you love her a lot - she'll need it.

Best wishes.

s
Unread 11-15-2004, 08:51 PM
dd has mono! yikes!!

Had mono in college. Neither my roommate nor my boyfriend got it from me. It isn't all that contagious, according to the Dr. that I had at the time. Your body has to be very run down. My advice would be to follow good hygiene practices, take vitamins, eat and drink well, get plenty of rest and don't worry about it.
Best of health to you and your family.
Ronda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2004, 09:47 PM
dd has mono! yikes!!

I had mono at age 12 and I was sick for 3 months and it took about 6 months to fully recover. I lost 30lbs. I never passed it on to my family. I hope all goes well for you. Mono is not fun. I will say a for you.
Kim
Unread 11-15-2004, 09:58 PM
dd has mono! yikes!!

Yes, it is an effective, though difficult way to lose weight! I don't advise it!
Unread 11-16-2004, 08:11 PM
dd has mono! yikes!!

Thank you all for your replies. I did talk to my GP who reassured me that me catching mono would be highly unlikely. Supposedly, by the time we are 35 years old, 90% of us have antibodies against mono from previous exposure. I'm counting on being in that 90%!

Leena*pig*

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register