9 weeks post -op grandmother died | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 weeks post -op grandmother died 9 weeks post -op grandmother died

Unread 09-16-2005, 08:49 AM
9 weeks post -op grandmother died

I just found out an hour ago that my grandmother just passed away. Her heart stopped beating. She had dimentia(sp?) and has been going down hill for the past 5 years. I am worried about myself because I don't seem to be feeling any emotions. I am a head teller at a bank and for the past week I have been training a new person. My nerves have just been shot all week. My ovaries were left from my tah but now with this happening I don't know how to act. I can't seem to cry or anything. I don't know what's wrong with me. My dh wants to call the doctor to see if she will give me a few anti-depressants. I just feel stressed and overly tired. Could my ovaries not be working properly? I just don't know what to think or do or anything. Please someone just listen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2005, 09:06 AM

A loved one just died. You are probably in shock and with everything else going on, probably overwhelmed. I am 12 weeks out and have no patience and just cannot handle stress yet. Give yourself some quiet time to think and deal with everything and talk to someone. Everyone is different, too, in how they handle loss.
Unread 09-16-2005, 09:14 AM

bippy,
First of all, I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my Grandmother about 8 weeks post op from my BSO, and I was a total mess. Thing is, I had just had my ovaries removed-that could well be all of the difference in the world. Many people deal with things differently-our bodies heal differently, as do our emotions, and souls. You may be supressing things, and want to be careful that it doesn't all come rushing up on you at once. Have you thought about going to talk to a counselor about any of this? I'm obviously not a professional, and lots of people don't like the thought of going to counselors-but I personally think it is a sign of strength, admitting that you need to talk to someone. Going through a hysterectomy is a hard thing, all of us here know that, and losing your Grandmother is also incredibly difficult. It may be easier for you to talk to someone "outside" and begin working through your feelings if you are concerned that you are not processing them, yet. Just remember we're all here for you! Best of luck, and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Christy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2005, 09:15 AM

Thank you for listening. I just needed to talk to someone.
Unread 09-16-2005, 09:19 AM

bippy,
Please feel free to send me a PM or email me through this site if you need someone to talk to. Having gone through the same thing, I would be more than happy to listen.

Christy
Unread 09-16-2005, 09:32 AM

Christy and paracelsus,
I really appreciate what you guys said. It meant a lot. Christy, I will pm or e-mail you probably most of the weekend while I'm dealing with this. My e-mail is pbjlamar@charter.net.

Brandi
Unread 09-16-2005, 10:01 AM

bippy,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Take care.
Unread 09-16-2005, 10:11 AM

Bippy, so very sorry to hear your sad news. Just because you don't cry doesn't mean you don't care. You have recently been through a very stressful time and sometimes our minds just refuse to accept any more stresses to stop us overloading. I wish you and your family sympathy for your loss. Look after yourself and ask for help anywhere you think you may find it.
Unread 09-16-2005, 11:00 AM

Bippy,
I am sorry for your loss. I had a TAH/BSO on May 5th. Was starting to feel pretty good and headed back to work. My father-in-law passed away (cancer) on my 7th week. Just starting to get over that, and my Mom died of cardiac arrest at week 10. I was devastated. It's been 2 more months now and I am finally feeling like I can think straight again. Our emotions do not always surface right away. I'm sure you are still shocked over the news about your grandmother. You may not feel the tears just yet, but when you do, just remember to not try and hide it all. Keeping things in will just make you stressed and you certainly don't need that during your recuperation. We all handle things like this differently. I have been so emotional these last 2 months and I didn't know if it was hormones not being adjusted properly or the fact that I have a lot of grief to deal with. My Dr. did a hormone level test. Everything was pretty much in line, so we adjusted the dosage on my Wellbutrin. I'm thinking it is helping somewhat. Please take good care of yourself and remember the good memories about your Grandmother. I will keep you in my prayer also. A friend told me after Mom's funeral "Be happy when you can, and cry when you can't".

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register