IM New Here | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-27-2006, 12:26 PM
IM New Here

Hi Everyone,

My name is Lisa and im 17 days Post-Op. TVH on Oct 11,06 . Due to Heavy periods and reoccuring Ovarian Cyst and Endometriosis and alot of pelvic pain. Guess i have alot of question. Reading your Posts have really helped me alot the last few days. I have my first DR appt since my surgery on Monday. I did have some complcation i had a Artery bleeding and had to have 4 units of blood. I was a mess. I stayed 4 days in hospital,
was hoping to be out in 2. lol. i have been having good days and bad days. Im tired alot no energy at all on some days.. But over all i guess im doing good. I have had bleeding for about a week in half, wondering when thats going to end? I havent seen NO stiches come out. My scares on the outside are healing good. Had alittle trouble with one but all better now. Can anyone tell me what i have to look forward to as far as how long on the bleeding, Pain. Im useing pain meds at late evening but nothing during the day.. I start out good in the morning but as the day goes it gets worst....well Thanks Everyone... Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2006, 12:50 PM
IM New Here

Hi Lisa,

I can't comment ont he bleeding, because I had none. But for the pain, and the AM / PM difference, I did experience that and have read many women's remarks here saying the same. I also took a vicodin in the evening for about the first three weeks, and then occasionally, when I needed it, over the next week or so.

Sounds like you are pretty observant about your body, and that helps. But it also helped me to read all the articles in the post-op section of this site. More data is a great thing when we are moving around in the dark a bit.

good luck,
ompen
Unread 10-27-2006, 01:29 PM
IM New Here

I feel the same aabout the AM/PM pain. I do not have hardly any pain during the day but then I think as our bodies get tired the pain starts. My evening pain isn't very bad, but it is there. My tummy also seems to swell as evening approaches. I am trying to rest more. My pain hasn't been bad enough to take percocet. I am on Anaprox and I take 1 Tylenol PM before bed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2006, 02:15 PM
IM New Here

Lisa,

Welcome to the boards I'm sorry you had to stay in the hospital 4 days due to a complication, but at least that is over and you're home recovering.

My bleeding lasted a couple weeks, light pink. Then by the 3rd week it was a yellow/brown, by the end of that week I stopped altogether.

The pain is always changing..at least for me. You will have soreness, swelly belly, and shooting off and on pains where the stitches are...sort of a shooting, burning pain.....its hard to describe. I took my last percocets about 4 days after my surgery, then took advil liquid gels after that off and on for another week or so.

Good luck in your recovery. You have my prayer it's uneventuful.

Unread 10-27-2006, 03:24 PM
IM New Here

Welcome Lisa ! Your surgery story sounds an awful lot like mine. I'm sending you many healing thoughts and prayers, and big hugs. There are lots of good women here, and good advise. Just remember, you only have one chance to heal right, so take it easy and Pamper the Princess..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register