Oh Joy of Joys! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Oh Joy of Joys! Oh Joy of Joys!

Unread 06-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Oh Joy of Joys!

I have been SO unhappy. My doctor went away and that pushed my 6 week release visit to 7 weeks! Just knowing I had to wait that extra week to swim, clean, have sex or garden (all lightly, yes I know) was KILLING me and making me move old, act old, feel old. I was depressed, upset and almost in tears non-stop. Well. I called the office yesterday and my doctor is back EARLY did I want to come in a week earlier than planned? YES YES YES! `

I FINALLY got my "get out of Jail free" card! What a HUGE difference the power of suggestion can make!

I woke up humming. (I had a comical dream that woke me laughing, that always helps!) I put on make up AND a dress AND (for the first time in months) HEELS and went shopping at Penneys for an hour. Then I went and used the hose thingy and vacuumed my gross car. I Feel FANTASTIC!

I came home, changed and rested for two hours then I ran some wash, folded three loads, wiped down my tiny, so slopped-up kitchen, (remind me to fire my husband) and cleaned out my fridge. Now I am in bed and wide awake and raring to go! I doubt I will be sore tomorrow, I have been doing these kinds of things since week 3 but
s l o w l y. I never lift more than 8-10 lbs, take many, many breaks, stop right away if something doesn't feel right, and always, ALWAYS ask for help if I can't or feel I can't do something. I like a heating pad on my swelly instead of ice, and notice the past few days that although I do swell, I must be losing more weight (15 lbs so far) because I don't swell anywhere near what I was. Even with increased activity. I did a lot last night too but stayed in bed til 1 p.m. (after taking son to high school at 7 a.m.) even though I didn't sleep that whole time. I had the luxury of not having to get a shower and go out until after 5 today. (hubby works out of state and son was out after school. The furry children didn't say a word about it. Guess who I love most? ha!)

I have been walking, using small weights to do arm exercises and taking zinc and vitamin C. I sleep about 10-12 hours a night, and try to eat well.

I have been ready to get back into the sexual saddle (mentally) since day two in the hospital. Physically I "woke up" around 2 weeks and have been trying to be patient. I am too excited and anxious to be scared although that will probably change Monday night. (just so happens hubby is home Mondays...lucky me!)

So there you have it. I am HAPPY today and will behave and not overexert this weekend so I get a clean bill of health! I know internally I have at LEAST 6 months until I am 100% but that's okay. I know I even have to put off starting school in September. That's okay too. I just want to get out of this quasi-life I have been living and start LIVING again! I have a small weedwacker with my name on it and a weedy yard. Let me Loose! Have a great weekend friends! Healthy Healing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2008, 06:35 AM
Oh Joy of Joys!

Hi Jackie

I am so HAPPY for you wonderful to hear you are doing all those things and feeling great Good for your hon

Have a great, blessed, wonderful weekend
Unread 06-06-2008, 08:08 AM
Awesome news!

I am so happy for you!

You just gave me all the inspriation in the world!

Thank you Thank you !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Oh Joy of Joys!

Hi Jacquie am SO GLAD you sound so much more positive... it all just takes time.
Will email you
Sammy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register