Scheduled TAH Surgery set for 2.3.12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery set for 2.3.12 Surgery set for 2.3.12

Unread 01-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Surgery set for 2.3.12

One week from today I will have my TAH. Getting jitter bugs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Re: Surgery set for 2.3.12

Yes, you're getting down to the wire! Keep yourself busy so you don't get to anxious with the waiting. Scrub the house (you won't be doing that for a while), freeze some casseroles, get your banking done, set up your bedroom with everything you'll need post op. it's also a good time to get our of the house (you'll get very tired of being inside) Its nice to go out for dinner or a movie, or a scenic drive. Wishing you a safe surgery and quick recovery.
Unread 01-28-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarandspice View Post
Yes, you're getting down to the wire! Keep yourself busy so you don't get to anxious with the waiting. Scrub the house (you won't be doing that for a while), freeze some casseroles, get your banking done, set up your bedroom with everything you'll need post op. it's also a good time to get our of the house (you'll get very tired of being inside) Its nice to go out for dinner or a movie, or a scenic drive. Wishing you a safe surgery and quick recovery.
Thank you! I have been going crazy on cleaning the house. It's almost like when I went into labor 16 years ago... I will not be able to sleep in my bed probably for at least 2 weeks or better, I have one of those really high beds, so I was thinking that it wouldn't be good to climb in and out of. I will thankfully have my daughter home with me to help with everyday things. I've been bugging my boyfriend to get me out of the house and do things while I can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2012, 03:50 PM

My bed is also quite high and I was surprised that I was able to get in and out rather easily. Rolling over hurt more than getting into bed. Even at 6 months post op I'm still not doing strenuous housework. Last week I made my 17 year old son clean the bathtub! Builds character :-)
Unread 01-28-2012, 08:02 PM

Really 6 Months into it? Has a anxitey attack...I'm a cleaner for a living!
  Quote:
My bed is also quite high and I was surprised that I was able to get in and out rather easily. Rolling over hurt more than getting into bed. Even at 6 months post op I'm still not doing strenuous housework. Last week I made my 17 year old son clean the bathtub! Builds character :-)
Unread 01-28-2012, 08:08 PM

I can't stand a messy house. But I learned very quickly to let all that go. I had too much pain to clean my dust bunnies so I made friends with them instead!
Unread 01-28-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
I can't stand a messy house. But I learned very quickly to let all that go. I had too much pain to clean my dust bunnies so I made friends with them instead!
Cute, I'll have to remember this one! I'm OCD so it's going to be very hard for me!
Unread 01-28-2012, 08:32 PM

If you have to clean just putter along and do it slowly. But the bending and sweeping and vacuuming are off limits until the doctor clears you - about 6 weeks. I watched a lot of movies to keep my mind off what I couldn't do.
Unread 01-30-2012, 06:53 AM

Thank God for my 16year old daughter!
  Quote:
If you have to clean just putter along and do it slowly. But the bending and sweeping and vacuuming are off limits until the doctor clears you - about 6 weeks. I watched a lot of movies to keep my mind off what I couldn't do.
Unread 01-30-2012, 05:06 PM

you`re the same day as me!! i`ve been an emotional mess too second doubts etc until mother nature reminded me why i`m having the surgery.
Good luck for thursday,i`m sure everything will be fine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register