Waiting for Surgery! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Waiting for Surgery! Waiting for Surgery!

Unread 03-14-2002, 06:32 PM
Waiting for Surgery!

This is a great web site...so glad I found it! Scheduled for a TVH on 3-26, I'm will be SO happy to get rid of the miserable periods (that seem to last forever), but getting very nervous about the surgery! I am usually a very easy going person, but found myself getting nasty in a meeting today, then fighting back tears after I snapped at everyone...don't know what is wrong with me! Maybe it's just the stress of worrying about leaving work for so long and the recovery period where I can't do anything.
Went in for a thermal ablation at the end of Jan. that was a failure (due to uterine cavity being too small) so finally got my gyn to agree to hyst....any words of wisdom for a LIW? Plan on doing a top to bottom house cleaning this weekend and storing up quick and easy food for my DH & DS! My DH said I am to do nothing the weekend before my surgery except relax... so I'm in a panic to get the house in order. I think the hardest thing will be taking it easy after the surgery...can't STAND to sit still and watch the dust bunnies grow! Talk to everyone later!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2002, 06:48 PM
Waiting for Surgery!

Welcome!!

I'm so glad you found us...this really is the best place around for info, support, and hugs.

What you are describing is so normal...we find ourselves on a crazy emotional rollercoaster. Don't be too hard on yourself...it's difficult to function as though this HUGE life-altering event isn't looming on your horizon. Just breathe, remember that all of us have felt just like you are feeling, and that nothing that comes after will be as hard as these last days and weeks.

Keep reading, keep posting, and stop by Chat for some realtime hugs. We'll all be here to help you get through this!!!

Karen
Unread 03-15-2002, 06:03 AM
Waiting for Surgery!

Are you suprised you feel this way? The amount you bleed you have almost constant PMT!!!!!!!!LOL

It is funny the way this effects you, even whn you think you are fine, every little thing in your life seems to become an issue for you, or it did me at least. It is compeletly normal (as I found out when I was posting about freaking out) and probably quite healthy as it is a good way to relieve anxiety.

Just think, soon you will never bleed again, no if's, but's or maybe's. You will finally be free (although having a period and PMT is an excuse I am going to miss for getting out of stuff I don't want to do.....LOL).

At least you found your way here, pretty much everyone who posts in this forum is having some sort of neurotic episode due to waiting for the hyst, you can all be manic together!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2002, 09:52 AM
Feeling Better

Thanks ladies....feeling better today! Have to go get bloodwork done next week and pre-op on 3/25....getting closer & closer to freedom!!!!
Thanks again!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register