2 week melt down | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 week melt down 2 week melt down

Unread 07-30-2007, 11:34 AM
2 week melt down

Today it's been two weeks since my TAH and I feel horrible. Not physically but emotionally. I have been eating poorly so the scale is going UP. I look down and see this huge belly

I know that my healing is going very well and I feel physically good but right now I just need a !

I'm home alone, no friends, no family near by and I hate that I had to have this done.

A deformed boob from breast cancer and now a huge belly and emotions going wild!!

Anyone else on the roller coaster ride and have adivce? Can't take HR, chocolate doesn't help and just not sure what is normal and what is not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2007, 12:09 PM
2 week melt down

I don't have any advice but I see I had my TAH on the same day as you. Today I'm feeling OK, but yesterday I spent the entire day in my pajamas and just wanted to be left alone. I've read about good days and bad days, so I guess that is how it's going to be over the next month or so. I'm not too pleased about the way my belly looks either, but I guess when everything is back to normal (?) it has to be better than the way it looked with a 20 week uterus!

Take it easy today and I hope you feel better about things very soon!
Unread 07-30-2007, 12:29 PM
2 week melt down

I am so sorry you are feeling so down. I went through the exact same thing that started hitting me at the same time. I am on a hormone patch, so I knew it was just a hormonal thing. Regardless, it's so hard. I didn't have anyone to talk to, or even wanted to talk to anyone. I had no desire at all. Finally my mother jumped my case (you have to know my mother) and made me call the doctor. My doctor prescibed me an anti-depressant and I am feeling much better.

Like I said, I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope things get better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2007, 03:02 PM
2 week melt down

Two weeks is too soon to worry about a big belly! Try to go for a walk. Stock up on some fresh fruit, and try that too. That is what has helped me with the moodiness and flashes. Although chocolate, and just laying in bed all day work sometimes too (with a bag of dorito's)... :-) Every day is different.
I know how you feel - we'll get through this. And we can worry about the big bellies further down the line, when we can actually DO something about them!
hang in there
Unread 07-30-2007, 04:00 PM
2 week melt down

Spirited Horse,

I too felt that low, poopy, nothing is going to help this mood feeling at the two week mark. Then the next day, I slept for 12 hours and feel a TON better!

If there is one thing I am learning lately, is this is an up down, turn around, 2 steps forward, 3 steps back kind of process in the beginning.

I take heart by reading posts from sisters who are 6 months and years out from their trips to the castle - I can't WAIT to be at that point!
Unread 07-30-2007, 04:25 PM
2 week melt down

I'm sorry your feeling so bad. Next week, hopefully will be a little better. Week 2 was very hard on me emotionally too.
Unread 07-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Two week meltdown

If you're having a meltdown at two weeks, I'd have to say you lasted longer than I did!

I think I had my first meltdown on day three and again on day five. Hang in there, before you know it you'll go for one entire day without even thinking about your hysterectomy. And then two, then three and so on. You might even find yourself smiling at the Midol and tampon commercials like I do.

I am sorry you have no one close to talk to or spend time with. Despite having a lot of family around, I always felt that the women on this forum understood much more than anyone I know.

Hang in there, and remember we all understood how you feel.
Unread 07-30-2007, 05:28 PM
2 week melt down

You all have been so great...thank you!
Unread 07-30-2007, 09:54 PM
2 week melt down

Spiritedhorse
My surgery was July 13. My belly is big too! Everyday I tell my self I am going to be careful what I eat, but then I eat something and it tastes good so I have more. I am lucky because I don't really have much pain. I have been walking everyday, so I know that helps.
I'm sending you a big hug.
Have you gone outside and walked. That seems to help.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register