worried about problems I could have after a hyst for adeno | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

worried about problems I could have after a hyst for adeno worried about problems I could have after a hyst for adeno

Unread 10-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Similar Symtoms

Hi, my name is Maci, I too am 41 and new to this site. I too have been told I have adenomyosis, there is no cure other than live with it or to have a hysterectomy, which I am considering, my problems I have with this is extremely painful intercourse, and my periods are a drain. I am worried about all the medical problems after and what if it doesn't fix the sex problem, which my doctor said might not. Isn't it strange they came up with a diagnosis for all our problems but no cure except to cut it out.

Maci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2007, 03:47 PM
worried about problems I could have after a hyst for adeno

I will sill have one ovary left, I am worried about problems with other organs. I do want to get to a point where I can have sex with my husband and it not hurt. Thanks for your reply.
Unread 10-21-2007, 02:18 AM

My sister suffered from adenomyosis which ultimately lead her to a TVH about 3 years ago. She would tell me that her periods were so painful, and that she felt like she should just stay on the toilet for the entire day. She's been the happiest woman on earth after this surgery!!

My sister's been trying to encourage me to go to the "castle" and meet her on the other side because I've had issues myself for the past 6 years (no pain, just VERY HEAVY bleeding). I'm checking in on November 2nd to have my own TVH. Nervous, but excited at the same time.

Best wishes to you! She swears that we won't regret it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2007, 02:42 PM

My (twin) sister had a TVH 7 months ago for adeno and fibriods. Said it's the best thing she ever did. I've had the cramps/pain, heavy bleeding and clotting for years, just figured it was part of aging. After seeing how much better her life is I decided I should be checked. After my initial dr. appointment I'm relieved and nervous both. She could feel 2 tumor/fibriods and said my uterus is the size of a 20 week pregnancy. Next is an ultrasound and uterine biopsy. We'll take it from there as to what happens next.
I guess the thing that disturbs me most is, how can a uterus be that size and me not know it?
Unread 10-22-2007, 10:59 PM

I would suggest that you seek a second opinion regarding what might be best for you. Ask each doctor your specific questions about the possible outcomes if you choose to have a hyst. Weigh all the pros and cons for you and be 100% that a hyst is right for you before you schedule surgery.

We do have several Adeno Resources you can read through to learn more about your specific condition.

I wish you all the best for your decision! s
Unread 11-02-2007, 09:26 PM

I have a 20 week uterus too, and everyone says that's not possible -- I don't have a bulging belly and can still fit in my regular clothes. But I had an MRI and two second opinions which all said it's 20 week size. Has anyone just lived with a uterus this size without getting a hysterectomy?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register