Cramps! Bloating! Fatigue! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cramps! Bloating! Fatigue! Cramps! Bloating! Fatigue!

Unread 07-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Cramps! Bloating! Fatigue!

I was getting dressed the other morning with the TV in the background and I heard a commercial with someone asking women if they were experiencing "bloating? cramping? fatigue?"

In the house all by myself I exclaimed - NOPE! NOPE! and NOPE!!!

I think it's finally sunk in that I no longer have to deal with those annoyances!! And no more planning activities around those symptoms and the heavy bleeding!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Re: Cramps! Bloating! Fatigue!

I was reading a magazine that had an add for tampons~comes in a fancy little package suppose to be really absorbent and "stops leaks". Thought to myself, "i will have to try those...wait...i don't have to try those ever again". Kinda a weird moment really...like you, finally sunk in that i will never have to deal with that again.
Unread 07-19-2010, 07:11 PM

I just went through the medicine cabinet and put all my tampons in a bag to take to the church. (We have a homeless ministry.) Felt really weird! I'm not sure when it's going to hit me. I haven't reached the first "due date" yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2010, 03:46 PM

Heck i am keeping a small supply of them~for the "non princess" girlfriends in my life!! lol
Unread 07-20-2010, 04:03 PM

I always bought in bulk, so I had tons of feminine products that never really made me feel feminine. I gave a big bag to my daughter and she ask me to keep some at the house in case she ever gets caught and needs something. I am still using a pantyliner since my surgery was 8 days ago, but when I am done I will be adding to the bag in the storage closet downstairs and getting them the heck out of my bathroom. I would have been getting ready to start in 3-4 days and I am getting a few of the PMS symptoms as I still have one ovary but nothing like before and I hear it gets better and better. Just having a pity party as some friends have not called or emailed once since my surgery to see if I am dead or alive. But that is for another thread, I am learning through this process how to be a better friend to those I care about when they are going through any rough spots in life.
Tampon commercials make me squirm right now as I can't imagine putting anything in there again, I turn the channel or mute it .
Unread 07-20-2010, 04:14 PM

That is one thing i wasn't really prepared for. I had to wear a panty liner for over 6 weeks! AGH!

Pity Party~i had a similar experience with some girls i thought were friends. One in particular never showed up or called...but i have been there for her through two miscarriages. Most of my friends said "well i was going to call..or i thought you wouldn't want visitors". I think people get so caught up in their own lives they forget about everyone else.

EXACTLY~i have learned how to be a better friend myself through all of this. I know for a fact that if any of my girlfriends go through this, i will be over at there house weekly to change their linens, dust, vac, and clean their bathrooms. (a free service...but priceless)

I was the same...didn't dare think of putting anything my vagina too. HECK i didn't even want to "wipe" myself..FEAR FEAR FEAR..but things are finally getting better and they will for you too.
Unread 07-21-2010, 10:17 PM

This week is in some ways so much worse than last. I am bored, I am emotional as I have one ovary and would be starting this week. I seem to be mad at the world and ready to bite the head off a copperhead, be glad ladies this is cyber support. Tonight my husband said "well they took out part of your body" and I starting crying, miss that little cervix and uterus JUST A LITTLE, heck they were around for 51 years and I know I need to mourn the end of that part of my life and get ready for the next stage.
I think I am going to fill my pain meds script tomorrow as the pulling, tugging, cramping and healing is starting to tick me off and he wrote the script for Methodone which is a 12 hour long lasting pain med without the loopy feel to it, it worked in the hospital and I think I need it to get through the night and some of this "healing" discomfort that is making me grouchy.
Unread 07-21-2010, 11:50 PM

I also bought everything in bulk...have had to use tampons and pads simultaneously for years now, and had hundreds of both in the little cabinet under the bathroom sink. I just told my sis today she can have them all, my gift to her. She said "Oh, yeah.. thanks a LOT" hahaha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register