Anyone else have watery discharge ammonia - like smell | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else have watery discharge ammonia - like smell Anyone else have watery discharge ammonia - like smell

Unread 10-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Anyone else have watery discharge ammonia - like smell

Wasnt sure where to post this but wanted to see if anyone else has had this embarassing issue happen to them!

Since January 2012, I have a spontaneous waterly discharge that has a strong ammonia smell. Before this year it only happened 1-2 last year (lightly) and before that one other time about 2 years ago.

At first we thought it was urine leakage but I got the all clear from the urologist. I know it is coming from my uterus as it soaks the tampon.

I do not know when it is happening but I will just start walking and feel 'wet' all of a sudden. Today is the 3 day of my period and it happened. There wasn't much blood but I soaked through a super tampon, pad and it still leaked on my pants.

I have research this issue on line and see different women have had this but no one every has found a cause. can't find a cause. My GYN has no idea either. I am having DvH BSO Oct 29 for endometriosis and doctor says that this will take care of this. issue too.

I am just baffled as to what it is from. Just thought I would take a chance to see if anyone else has had this happen.

I know it has to do with my cycle (90% sure). It used to happen right before my period and the last few months it is during. It is now so much that a tampon cant hold the liquid. The smell is very strong and embarassing so I am afraid to not wear at least a pad all the time incase it decides to happen when I am not expecting it.

I am hoping this is my last period so I hope this will end. (may get it again 2-3 days before depending on what my cycle does this month.

Oct 29th can't come soon enough!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Re: Anyone else have watery discharge ammonia - like smell

I'm sorry I can't shed any light on this for you. When I first started reading, I thought "oh, urinary incontinence", but then I read on and you've already had that checked out. I guess the good thing is that there's a light at the end of the tunnel, and even though you may never know what's causing it, at least the problem will be gone for good!

*big hugz*
Unread 10-03-2012, 09:43 PM

I've had a watery discharge for the last 2 years. No one seems sure why. I think it has everything to do with my endometriosis. It stopped for a while after my ablation in July but when my fibriods appeared it came back with a vengeance! The faster my fibriods grow the more I have the discharge. I'm scheduled for a LAH in November. I'm praying that's the end of it!

Hang in there relief is within reach!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2012, 10:58 PM

I too have had watery discharge, but I was told it wasn't relevant!

I have both endo & suspected adenomyosis.

I wondered if it was fluid from a cyst, but couldn't get a medical opinion from anyone.
Unread 10-03-2012, 11:38 PM

Saw something one time when I was searching about ruptured cysts. Couple of women had mentioned a watery discharge when their cyst ruptured. Might try a search on this?
Unread 12-07-2012, 08:30 AM

No it was not related to cysts. that was already checked out. After my hysterectomy, it appears to have been within the uterus lining. I was also diagnosed with adenomyosis so tha also been of been the culprit.

Since my surgery, I haven't had any issues so at least it is taken care of.

Thanks for replying!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register