Crying!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Crying!!

One week to go and today I've spontaneously cried THREE times for no reason whatsoever.

First at 5AM when I woke up to use the bathroom, then on the way to where I had lunch, and now close to the end of my workday. I hope I'm not like this all week! I can't take that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 06:09 PM
Crying!!

Oh, I'm sorry - sounds like you're nervous and needed to let it out. That's ok and completely normal.

The waiting is the worst, at least it was for me. The anxiety really got to me. Try to keep busy this week and make all your preparations, it will be an emotional week.

Remember to breathe and try to relax!!

Hang in There!

Christine
Unread 11-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Crying!!

You took the words right out of my mouth...I am trying so hard not to cry. One week to go must be the key to getting the emotions going.
My dr. also had me stop my b/c pills and that certainly doesn't help the situation.
Are we going to make it through? I sure hope so!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Crying!!

You're going to make it girls; you're almost there. This is the hardest part -- waiting. All of those crazy emotions are completely normal. Just go with what you're feeling at each moment, and don't beat yourself up.

Try to think positive and imagine yourself on the other side and feeling wonderful.

Sending many hugs!!
Unread 11-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Crying!!

I am right there with you. I am 31 and my surg was changed from a LAVH to a TAH. I'm down in Salem and go in on the 20th also.
Last week I cried everytime in the shower, then as soon as I got in the car after work, then at night. For about a week and a half I was an emotional wreck! I even had my eval at work and my supervisor (she's an RN thank god) asked how I was doing. Yeah, I started crying then too. It was so bad. I don't take hormones so I couldn't understand why I was reacting this way. I have been told that its nerves. Even though I am so physically and mentally ready for this, emotionally it hit me, and hit me hard. I think it was knowing that I was 2 weeks away when it started to get really bad. I just apologized to everyone I work with closely and said after this is all over I will be normal again.

Now we are in the 7-day weather forecast and its coming here quick. Stay busy, thats helping me. Try not to think of everything you're not getting done and take on a small task at a time. I started crying even when I didn't get a chance to finish the laundry.

I'll be thinking of you as I go in. Good luck!
Unread 11-14-2007, 12:58 AM
Crying!!

I cried a lot too before my surgery. I would be doing fine and then someone would hug me and I'd immediately burst into tears. I think it comes from a mixture of different emotions. I have even been a little emotional since surgery and I am experiencing a wonderful recovery. Go figure!

I wish you ladies successful surgeries and a speedy recoveries.
Unread 11-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Crying!!

Thanks...good to know I'm not the only one crying for no reason (well there is a reason but what sets me off is so trivial).
Unread 11-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Crying!!

Boy, these stories bring back memories. About two weeks before my surgery, I was in my VP's office and she (female, thank god) asked me how I was feeling. I lost it and I mean LOST it. Bawling right there, uncontrollably. I felt like a total idiot, but she was very understanding. It's all just part of the experience...completely normal.

Hang in there.
Unread 11-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Crying!!

Oh no, I'm sorry... but it's normal and natural, too. The surgery is a BIG DEAL, and you're sure to have a lot of emotions about it.

Just remember that you're not alone, we're all here for you!
Unread 11-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Crying!!

Thanks iluv...I figured it's pretty normal. I'm under some stress to finish some obligations before my surgery. I did decide to skip a board meeting for an organization I am the secretary for. The prep for the meeting was making me crazy and I decided to be selfish. I've never missed a meeting in the over two years that I've served, so I figured if any time was the right time to do so it was now!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register