Appendicitis shortly after Hysterectomy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Appendicitis shortly after Hysterectomy? Appendicitis shortly after Hysterectomy?

Unread 11-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Appendicitis shortly after Hysterectomy?

I was wondering if anyone developed appendicitis shortly after their hyster? I developed it 2 weeks after and had to have a second surgery to have it removed. Two surgeries within 15 days of each other has really complicated my recovery. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so what their recovery was like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Re: Appendicitis shortly after Hysterectomy?

That's tough. I hope you have no more complications from here on out. Did the doc say what could have brought it on? What complications have you had re healing? I had davinci and am putting off an umbilical hernia repair
Unread 11-13-2012, 03:22 PM

I had no complications, in fact I felt great! I was really badly constipated but I have chronic constipation so it was nothing new. That is the most likely cause. My doctor is super upset that he didn't think to have it removed at the same time. I don't blame him though. They thought never even crossed my mind and I have never had issues with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2012, 04:13 PM

I sometimes have pain in my lower right pelvic area, and it's always hard to determine if it's ovary, appendix or bowel related. It's sent me to the ER a few times out of fear it could be my appendix. How were you able to tell the difference? Sorry to bug you!
Unread 11-13-2012, 04:43 PM

Here's the thing Kelleyc (and your not bugging me, don't worry). I had NO idea. I went into the ER for terrible pain that was different then anything I had previously experienced. The closest to the pain I could think of was severe constipation and there were stabbing pains REALLY low down, I thought my cervix (which I kept) but not on one side or the other. You should have seen my face when they told me I had appendicitis. I was stunned. I did have a fever around the 100 range and had not been able to go or pass gas for over 24 hours at the point of going to the ER.
Unread 11-13-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleyc View Post
I sometimes have pain in my lower right pelvic area, and it's always hard to determine if it's ovary, appendix or bowel related. It's sent me to the ER a few times out of fear it could be my appendix. How were you able to tell the difference? Sorry to bug you!
I will say I didn't suspect my remaining ovary but I was pretty certain it was some type of GI Distress. It presents differently in different people. It's always best to go in if you are concerned.
Unread 11-13-2012, 05:38 PM

Hmm my doctor said my appendix was perfect and even showed me on the pictures she showed me of how things looked before she started the surgery. Did you dr say if it seemed fine and then this developed?
Unread 11-13-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister1209 View Post
Hmm my doctor said my appendix was perfect and even showed me on the pictures she showed me of how things looked before she started the surgery. Did you dr say if it seemed fine and then this developed?
No, it never came up.
Unread 11-13-2012, 06:15 PM

Thank you for your input

Blessings and continued healing,

Kelley
Unread 11-13-2012, 08:00 PM

When my appendix burst in 06 they related it to me holding my urine in too long and urinary issues....could've upset it with the cath and distress from surgery.,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register