Sex question???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex question???? Sex question????

Unread 02-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Sex question????

I had my vag. hyster. on 01/26. I was feeling a little non-woman-like (if that is the word I am looking for). Anyway, my sweetheart of a husband thought that we could "get away from it all" by taking a shower together. We have been snowed in with both of our bickering kids for two weeks.
Awwww....it was so relaxing. Getting to be alone and cuddle and just hold each other. It was nice. Being " a man that hasn't had sex in a while," he became very aroused and without getting too graphic, started kissing on me. Well....I became aroused as well, but I also began to cramp and have pain just above my pubic hair line.
I am so sorry that this may seem a little much to be writing about...but it really scared me. When the dr. tells you no sex for so many weeks, does this mean to stay away from anything that could possibly turn me on? Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled that I was sexually aroused after my hyster, I just wasn't thrilled about the pain and cramping. Is that how it is going to be for me? Or will things get better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2010, 02:12 AM
Re: Sex question????

Everything is still healing inside, hence different pains/sensations. Do not have intercourse without clearance, and it is great you are reassured re sexual feeling etcetera......
Unread 02-12-2010, 08:06 AM

Don't worry, you are still very much in the healing stage so the pain and cramping would not be something that I would expect would be a permanent issue for you at all. It is nice to have those warm fuzzy feelings again though isn't it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2010, 08:18 AM

I had a similar experience with pain and cramping after arousal within 2 weeks of my TAH. I was so afraid I would lose the desire because of all the negative information out there.
Now at 6 weeks and being release for sex, it is great. I had issues with pain and spotting during sex before my surgery but not anymore.
Isn't it nice to know you still have the desire? Just continue to rest and recover, and know you something to look forward to.
Unread 02-12-2010, 01:01 PM

Has anyone had pain during sex (may be dryness?) as much as 8 weeks after total abdominal hysterectomy? I hope this doesn't last!!
Unread 02-12-2010, 01:10 PM

At 2 weeks I had some pain as well that I could feel on the inside. Hard to describe. Like a hard burn or something. It is better already.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register