I have a date for my hysterectomy!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have a date for my hysterectomy!!! I have a date for my hysterectomy!!!

Unread 06-01-2006, 12:28 PM
I have a date for my hysterectomy!!!

Hi all,

I had my urology test (the 1st one). It did not hurt as bad as I had thought. I do not know the outcome of that test yet. I then went to my gynocologist just to talk (at my request). He is really nice and calls the uro dr. while I am in his office. So, their office people have set up a surgery date, where they will both be there.

It is June 29th. Less than a month away!!! Yeah!!! I just want to get it over with. Hopefully there will be no more heaviness and pains. Of course, I do realize it will take a long while to heal. We leave in a few days to go to my daughters island wedding. Then, 1 week later, the second uro test. The cysto - in office. But, with 10 mg. valium and my husband to humour me! :>

I will have a TAH with both ovaries taken out and my cervix also. The uro part, is sort of up in the air, til the results of the second test (which looks at a cyst and my bladder insides). So, far, there will be a "repair" or some such procedure, done by the urology dr. using part of a pig!!! Supposedly does not reject or break as much!

Then after my daughter wedding reception, on the 17th, I have about 1 1/2 weeks to clean and stock my house for recooperating. My husband is coming around. But, he does not understand why I will not be able to do a lot of the things that I have told him about. Like wash clothes, load and unload the dishwasher and lift up and bend down.

I will make for sure that he comes to all of my next appts at both drs. Do not know if I will make him go to preop. They have given me some of the papers to read, already. Plus, my daughters will come to help for a short while and will help to look after my parents. I normally help them out about 1-2 x week.

I know, that I will get scared after the reception, with nothing else to keep me busy, except preparing for that. I will drive a lot that week, because we have a stick shift and I will not be able to drive it for a goodly amount of time!

Please tell me stories and give me info. The more I know, the less scared I will get. I am still having trouble believing that the cysto will not hurt. Mine is in office and no knock out meds. Just my 10 mg. valium, that I asked for. But, I will not let him do a biopsy, with out being knocked out or some kind of med.

Take care.

Sagster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2006, 12:46 PM

Hello and congratulations! I know that confirming that appt is a big help. Now we play the waiting game...
My hyst is June 20...trust me, time flies faster than you think. Just yesterday i told DH how it is sooooo long until my surgery. He's like, Um, its only like 2 and a half weeks, hun.
WHAT?!?! Well, thats not forever at all!!!

I am having a TAH as well. He will try to keep my left ovary but the right one has got to go.

I don't know how reassuring i can be, since I haven't had the surgery yet, but feel free to check out the june ladies site on friends without faces. See you later and again congrats
Unread 06-02-2006, 12:04 AM

Hi emichal,

Thanks for replying to my scared but excited post! Excited to get it over with and scared, in case the drs. find something not good!

Do you know how long you are supposed to be in the hospital? Are you going home with a catheter? I have to do the catheter thing, because of my bladder "fix". 1 week only, supposedly!

What is allen masters syndrome? I know practically none of the abbreviations for hysterectomy and bladder procedures! I guess I could print them out from the place on this board?!

Also, do you know what kind of pain meds and such that you are going to have during and after surgery? Or if you are getting cut from your belly button down? I am getting the big cut, so they can get everything out (larger uterus) and so the uro dr. can see to do his fix.

Thanks for the info.

Sagster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2006, 10:45 AM

Hey sagster...

My doc says he will try to go in thru my C section scar, so horizontal in the lower ab. He also said i will probably go 3-4 days after the surgery.
I don't know about the catheter...so far I haven't had any bladder issues so Im hopin no catheter needed. If you go to the Post Op board, or Bladder issues, they will probably help alot! (isn't this place great?)
Allen-masters syndrome...your guess is as good as mine. My doc's exact words were "a cavity where your pelvis has, essentially, eroded". Online biology dictionaries say things like "laceration of uterine ligaments" or "tears in the peritoneal lining". Yah, me too. Basically, there is a thin seran wrap lining that protects the organs in the abdomen (peritoneum), this wrapping, in me has eroded, and now I have a hole where there should be tissue or ligament. So, he's gonna go in and , well, fix it I guess.
When I got done with my lapro, doc gave me darvocet and ibuprofin 600. They worked allright. I cannot take percocet or loritab...
And, about the abbreviations...i had to change mine like three times because they were so confusing! You would definitely be a TAH and and a BSO with bladder repairs. Hey, I wonder if they are gonna fix my AMsyndrome with piggy parts, too? I haven't had my pre op yet, so I will have to ask him...hee hee, we'd be like the piggy sisters! good luck and hugs!!!
Unread 06-03-2006, 02:04 AM

Hi emichal,

Thanks for the reply and information. I like your barfing face!!! :> I am going to go to my daughters wedding, if it is ok, I would like to talk with you some more, when I come back.

Take care.

Sagster
Unread 06-03-2006, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagster
Hi emichal,

Thanks for the reply and information. I like your barfing face!!! :> I am going to go to my daughters wedding, if it is ok, I would like to talk with you some more, when I come back.

Take care.

Sagster
Anytime sagster...have fun and contact me when you get back!!
Unread 06-09-2006, 11:21 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am back from my daughters wedding in Jamaica. It was very nice and very tearful! :> And of course, I am living, up to my name even more now. Walked and walked and stood up and stood up. My insides seem to drop even more, when I do that. It is better for me to do equal sitting and standing.

Just 3 weeks to go til my surgery. Just cross your fingers and toes for me. No infections, illnessess or emergencies!

I will write some new questions tomorrow on a new thread.

Thanks for yalls help.

Wannabe
Unread 06-10-2006, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagster
Hi Everyone,

I am back from my daughters wedding in Jamaica. It was very nice and very tearful! :> And of course, I am living, up to my name even more now. Walked and walked and stood up and stood up. My insides seem to drop even more, when I do that. It is better for me to do equal sitting and standing.

Just 3 weeks to go til my surgery. Just cross your fingers and toes for me. No infections, illnessess or emergencies!

I will write some new questions tomorrow on a new thread.

Thanks for yalls help.

Wannabe

Yay! Glad you're back! Take care of yourself! 10 days to go for me!
Unread 06-10-2006, 09:01 PM

Hi emichal,

I imagine that you are starting to get anxious or scared or whatever, because your date is so close! What are you doing to keep busy. Or are you working?

How much help will you have afterward? And tell me some of how you are preparing for your recooperation at home.

I am slightly jittery about my operation. But, we still have a wedding reception/party for my daughter and her new husband! So, will be working on that (like a maniac), thru Sat/Sun. Then, rest, and then get ready for the homecoming after the operation.

If you do not mind, tell me what you have done so far - up to the 10 day point - concerning, doctors, hospital, anesthesiologist, and tests.

Thanks for talking and informing me - I can tell that I am going to need it.

Sagster

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register