jammies??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-11-2006, 09:26 AM
jammies???

Hi guys!! I was wondering who has had there time in castle and recovery.... what was the best most comfortable jammies to wear? Cotton or silk?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2006, 09:32 AM
jammies???

I preferred cotton and loose pj bottoms with a drawstring and either a tank top or plain old cotton tshirt. Silk might be ok but I never tried it. Good luck to you.
Unread 04-11-2006, 09:41 AM
jammies???

For the castle, I just wore what they gave me. Plus a wonderfully soft flannel robe to wear on "walkies".

For home, I lived out of a couple of pairs of very large sweat pants for a couple of weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2006, 09:46 AM
jammies???

I will be three weeks out from the TVH tomorrow. I have worn nothing but cotton but I am sure silk would be fine if you like it. The only thing to be sure of is a drawstring. I wore my regular pj's last night for the first time and the elastic is still a bit uncomfortable.
Good luck!
Laura
Unread 04-11-2006, 09:53 AM
jammies???

Hi! I wore extra large cotton pjs with an elastic plus drawstring waist. They were so large and loose the elastic didn't bother me, but I can tie them when my belly goes down and they want to fall off. I'm sure silk would be fine. I just like how cotton breathes, and if I got blood on them I knew how to get it out.

I got the most colorful, cheery set I could find and it did help me feel more like myself.

Good luck and take care!
Unread 04-11-2006, 10:24 AM
jammies???

For the Castle, the nurse told me to to wear my own stuff ( in case of staining). I did bring my big terry bathrobe for walks. At home big oversized cotton shirts and flannel pants. Did not try satin.

Take Care and Good Luck
Danette
Unread 04-11-2006, 10:32 AM
jammies???

I had a TAH and didn't want anything on my incision for the first couple of days. I brought a big men's soft polyster tshirt that came to my knees and my super-soft robe. Even that was a bit uncomfortable to tie. I couldn't continue to wear the hospital gowns--got chemical burns on my back and buttocks from the bleach in them! ouch! Silk would feel wonderful, I'm sure, but it's a good point on the blood--it is much easier to remove from cotton, and cotton breathes very well. Good luck with your surgery!
Unread 04-11-2006, 03:47 PM
jammies???

I wore the hospital stuff....and used my terry cloth robe on my walks. On the way home I wore my fleece grumpy jammy bottoms and a soft cotton tank top. After I got home I wanted those bottoms off! They weren't really tight but just bugged me. The next day they didn't. I've been living in a combo of jammy bottoms....cotton, fleece, flannel and sweat pant types. And tank tops and tees. Flip flops, slippers and a jacket when I venture outside.
Whatever is most comfortable to you is what you should use....I would recommend a long t-shirt or nightshirt for the first day or two at home in case anything on your tummy bugs you as it did me.
Good luck!
Unread 04-11-2006, 04:25 PM
jammies???

I wore the hospital gowns while there - 2 at a time ( one facing front, one back ). After I got home I wore loose gowns , both cotton and silky. I couldn't stand anything on my tummy for awhile. When I started wearing clothes, soft elastic waisted or drawstrings worked.

Best wishes.

S

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register