Is it wrong to celebrate my LAST period!? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is it wrong to celebrate my LAST period!? Is it wrong to celebrate my LAST period!?

Unread 10-17-2012, 01:01 PM
Is it wrong to celebrate my LAST period!?

Well, my LSH is scheduled for November 7, 2012. This makes today the start of my LAST period (yay!) ... while I feel like crap (like most always), I'm really looking forward to feeling better, having more energy, losing some poundage with my new-found energy, etc., etc.

Anyone else feel this way prior to surgery??

Thanks Sisters!

Rose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Re: Is it wrong to celebrate my LAST period!?

Celebrate Away, i feel better today at 9 days post-op than I have in a very long time.

Happy Dance.
Unread 10-17-2012, 01:29 PM

By all means celebrate, if I didn't have surgery I would have gotten my period yesterday. You bet I'm happy about it. I had mine 31 years that's enough in my book. I paid my dues to old Aunt Flo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2012, 01:56 PM

Party on!
Unread 10-17-2012, 02:26 PM

All of your responses make me feel GREAT! I really believe I've made the right choice here. Thank you all again and I'll keep in touch following.

H-S Rocks!

Rose
Unread 10-17-2012, 02:36 PM

I felt the same way! I am scheduled for LSH Friday and am so looking forward to no more periods. My last one was 2 weeks ago and it was almost like my uterus knew it was the last time it could make me miserable, so it was an extra bad one. Super painful, long and VERY heavy. It just reinforced my decision to do the surgery. Celebrate away!!
Unread 10-17-2012, 02:37 PM

I am getting ready to celebrate my last one EVER too! It is a brutal reminder of why we are doing this. Definitely a milestone to celebrate in my book
Unread 10-17-2012, 03:01 PM

My surgery is scheduled for Nov 6th, so next week should be my last one. I am already cramping today, so for me Nov 6th can't come soon enough.

No more cramping, bowel issues, bladder issues, excessive bleeding, headaches, body aches, crabbiness.

I say Hell yes, celebrate!!
Unread 10-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Is it wrong to celebrate my LAST period!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy9790 View Post
Well, my LSH is scheduled for November 7, 2012. This makes today the start of my LAST period (yay!) ... while I feel like crap (like most always), I'm really looking forward to feeling better, having more energy, losing some poundage with my new-found energy, etc., etc.

Anyone else feel this way prior to surgery??

Thanks Sisters!

Rose
Celebrate it! It feels awesome to never have to walk down the tampon aisle in the drugstore ever again. No more spending tons of money on pads in every size and tampons in every size and no more accidents or fear of leaks!!! Celebrate the freedom!!! You will feel healthier and stronger, you will be a more vibrant you!!!
Unread 10-17-2012, 07:32 PM

I have what I hope to be my last one and was ready to celebrate but then looked at the calendar I use to track it and realized.... I am suppose to get it the 27th and my surgery is the 29th.... So I think I was robbed of a 'last' celebration. :-) I will wait for my celebration after surgery...

Wondering what type of ceremonial ritual I can do to celebrate... kinda like burning bras was (60s or 70s) LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register