5 weeks post vaginal hysterectomy & a little blood | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks post vaginal hysterectomy & a little blood 5 weeks post vaginal hysterectomy & a little blood

Unread 01-30-2014, 06:56 PM
5 weeks post vaginal hysterectomy & a little blood

I haven't had any blood for at least a week maybe longer, today I got some pain while out on my walk and next time I went to the bathroom saw some blood in my underwear. I'm freaking out, I'm keeping an eye on it. Is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2014, 08:35 PM
Re: 5 weeks post vaginal hyst & a little blood

HI~ I am 6 weeks post op and just had my 6 week appt with my doc. I too had no bleeding for about 2 weeks, and then in the middle of my 5th week, I started having mild cramps, swelling in the belly again, getting exhausted mid day, and some bleeding. The blood was like dark pinkish/brown and was not a lot.. just barely spotting. I still have a little bit of it now. Anyways, the doc told me that was completely normal and right on schedule. He said that the tissue was healing and that the body was getting rid of the "dead" tissue as it was making new tissue, etc. and that the "dead" stuff would have some old blood in it.. etc. Anyways.. check with your doctor if you are not seeing him/her soon.. better safe than sorry with a problem or something weird.
Unread 01-30-2014, 10:03 PM

Thanks so much, yes the amount was very small, barely spotting but I was concerned that I saw any. You put my mind at ease, it wasn't bright red, it was dark. Sounds like it may be what you are describing, I'll call the nurse tomorrow just to be sure since I don't have any other doctor appointments. She released me to go back to work next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2014, 11:01 PM

I, too, spotted red today. I was worried it was from my constant sneezing which may have injured something. Please keep us posted.
Unread 01-31-2014, 01:29 AM

last night while lying in bed I could actually feel the blood dripping out. went to the bathroom and sure enough, blood! but while I've had very little spotting of pink tinged discharge, this was full on red. I didn't think I did too much today. and some vaginal cramping. I will call my dr's office to be sure, but it hasn't soaked a pad or anything so I don't think it is too serious. but worrisome nonetheless.
Unread 01-31-2014, 10:53 PM

Went to Dr and found out that it is all part of healing process, these posts and the doctor check eased my mind
Unread 01-31-2014, 11:00 PM

Thank you for sharing your result. I'm glad all is well. I too started the brown spotting about 3 days ago (week 5) and have been worried so much it's been bringing me down. Called doc and they said unless it is accompanied by pain or fever it's normal. I didn't have fever but I did have mild cramping that is subsiding. I'm hoping it's just part of the healing process as you said. Thanks!
Unread 01-31-2014, 11:03 PM

By the way did you keep your cervix? I did, I'm wondering if this is something typical of the healing process when you keep your cervix. Thanks

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register