Pre-op/biopsy appointment | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op/biopsy appointment Pre-op/biopsy appointment

Unread 04-21-2015, 10:54 AM
Pre-op/biopsy appointment

this is all becoming so real and sudden!
I have had so many questions I want to ask my doctor but I never wrote any down!! And I'm afraid when it comes time to ask him questions I won't have any I plan on asking the ones on this site, does anyone have any questions they found important to ask.
I'm get the da Vinci surgery and reason for the hysterectomy is for fibroids/anemia
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2015, 12:26 PM
Re: Pre-op/biopsy appointment tonight!!!!

I wanted to know things like how long might I need pain meds, but most importantly what I could and couldn't after surgery and how long it would take before I would feel like and be allowed to do things.
Unread 04-21-2015, 02:59 PM
Re: Pre-op/biopsy appointment tonight

Greetings friend,

Try to calmly think about what sticks out in YOUR own mind...what concerns you the most? Those are the tailor made questions for your own piece of mind

Do you need to know anything about...

Your type of surgery? Why it was chosen? How long the actual surgery may take?
Will your anethesologist have time to speak to you the day of surgery?
When will your follow up appointments be after surgery?
Will you get Path report results the day of surgery or will they take time to process?
Expected Length of Stay in hospital? can you have Visitors?
Diet before and after surgery? Is a liquid diet and cleanse ordered?
What pain meds will you most likely be given?
Will you get detailed Discharge Instructions and Emergency Info upon your discharge from the hospital?

Here is an article with general tips for making the most out of your appointment:

MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR PRE OP APPOINTMENT

Best of luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2015, 04:00 PM
Re: Pre-op/biopsy appointment tonight!!!!

I had my biopsy two weeks ago my surgery for vh keeping ovaries is set at May 7th. I thought I could tell you about the biopsy as I was pleased to find out it wasn't as bad as I had imagined. My fibroid is inside the uterine wall and protrudes inside the uterus and is at the top of the uterus and is the size of a tennis ball. For my biopsy the doc used a long skinny tool that she inserted thru the cervix and to the end of the uterus. I think it also had bristles on it to "scrub" some of the endometrial tissue for a sample as she removed it. There was a pretty strong pinch, which hurt but was bearable kind of made me breath thru it and then the doc. prepared me for when she removed the wond type device she would twist it as she removed it and the bristles would kind of scrub along my uterus as they were removed. This was uncomfortable but not painful. All of this took about 5 seconds. I laid down for about 3 minutes. I felt fine but they asked me to lay still incase I got faint. I didn't. I was only a little crampy that afternoon didn't need Advil even and felt pretty great. My bleeding that seems to be just a part of life for me till hysterectomy was perhaps a little worse for the next couple of day. That was it. Test results in 3 days. No cancer detected. Done and Done and on to my surgery date!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register