dreams of children??!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

dreams of children??!! dreams of children??!!

Unread 05-16-2008, 10:07 PM
dreams of children??!!

Okay, had my TAH 6+ months ago, kept my ovaries. I have two wonderful kids, ages 15 and 12. I had a tubal ligation 12 years ago after my second son was born with no second thoughts. Lately I have been getting strong feelings about babies and children like I'm not done yet, and intellectually, I know I'm so done!! My dreams have been intense, like rescuing babies and adopting kids and I don't know if this is a normal symptom of knowing for sure that I can't have more children. Excuse my rambling, I don't even know if this makes sense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2008, 06:21 AM
Hi

I know how you feel I have 3 children 12, 11 and 8 and my husband had a vesectomy 6 months after my daughter was born but I must say I see babies and I wonder about having another baby, even though after my third child which was my 3rd c-section my doctor said"No more Babies Denise" thats why my hubby idi the vesectomy. I still get thoses feelings too. I see pregnant women and I must admitt I get alittle said. I wanted this hysterectomy soo badly. I waited 3 years for a doctor to help me. I would not give up this hysterectomy for the world. I think the feelings we are feelingare just that Feelings. Take care of your self. Denise.
Unread 05-17-2008, 07:04 AM
dreams of children??!!

My husband and I do not have children, and prior to the surgery, I had all kinds of thoughts about children. Now that the surgery is over, I feel more content than I ever did before. A friend of mine said that these types of thoughts go through every woman facing a hysterectomy. Each of us work through it at our own pace. Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2008, 07:21 AM
dreams of children??!!

Im so glad i found this site i though i was going mad my children are 11 and 6 my husband had a vasectomy 5 years ago because we had deceided that 2 children is enough. that was untill i had my hysterectomy and now i see pregnant women and babies everywhere and now wish i could have another child where did that come from? im 38 and my logical side is thinking sleepless nights nappies etc etc but my emotional side is harder to deal with. im glad im not the only one thinking like this and im not going mad

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register