meltdown at the grocery store... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

meltdown at the grocery store... meltdown at the grocery store...

Unread 10-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Goodluck

Just wanted to say goodluck and I know how you feel. I also seem to be having mini meltdowns as the day approaches. I cried when I was giving my little girl her bath since I won't be able to help her for awhile. I also cried while cleaning my house for the 1000th time since i found out I was going to have surgey. I still have 9 days left to go and i have a feeling i will cry some more.I give you lots of cyber 's and i will keep you in my prayers!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2006, 07:19 PM
meltdown at the grocery store...

I cried today too at a place I really didn't want to (my son's school). I received some disappointing news about special services he won't be getting. Anyway, I got out of there ASAP, boo hooed all the way home & then some. It felt pretty good in the end.

Blessings to you all,

Iamfree
Unread 10-03-2006, 07:24 PM

Love your onscreen name! Now be one! lol I was blatting like a fool and shaking like a leaf in pre-op. I think if I made my doc hug me one more time they were going to make us get a room! Oh yeah I was bad and then boom...like a switch I was all "let's get this done and over with!" Told DH to give me a kiss and get going so I could get it over with, told my anesthesist to do her deed, and then for me, the memory is gone! Great thing about those drugs Opt....you can still move yourself around but have no memory of what they had you do. You get yourself on the bed and all and do that whole count backwards thing but you won't remember it! lol Next thing I knew someone was calling my name telling me it was afternoon and time to wake up (surgery was at 8) and then they brought in hubby and they gave me gooooooood drugs. Yes recovery was very very nice! )

so now here I am 2 weeks out with my buddy Harley (we've done a lot of talking and crying together since we found each other on here!), had my first post op visit today and all is going well inside there, still tired and def bored but soooooo glad I did this! Best gift I ever gave myself after DH and my kids! You'll do fine and we will all be praying for and having good thoughts for you and the other 10-4 buddies.

hugs and love
Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2006, 07:31 PM

Hi Laurie,

I know this is a little late and by the time you read this you'll be in the hospital having your surgery, so best of luck to you.

What I was wondering, though; you say you're going to have hernia repair also. Is it possible for them to do that too? I have an umbilical hernia that needs to be redone as the doc didn't put in the mesh when I had the repair so if I could have that done with the hysterectomy, it would be great!

Anyone know anything about this, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Unread 10-03-2006, 07:44 PM

I don't know much except they are doing both surgeries at once to kill two birds with one stone. talk to your dr. I am sure it can be done. I will have three different surgeons at mine tomorrow actually doing three different things! So talk to your OB first, but i can't imagine why not! Good luck!
Unread 10-04-2006, 06:50 AM

Thanks Laurie! Thinking of you today and wishing you well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register