Monday is the day and feeling "left out"! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Monday is the day and feeling "left out"! Monday is the day and feeling "left out"!

Unread 06-01-2001, 04:01 PM
Monday is the day and feeling "left out"!

Monday s the day for my lap! It was supposed to be a hyster too as some of you alredy know. Now the hyster isn't coming until later and I feel like I don't have any back up for this surgery!! I know silly!!!
People that were going to help jsut say-oh-it is only a lap! We'll wait to help until the hyster.
Well, the DD said at pre-op that he was going to clean out all the endo, possibly remove the appendix and ckeck everywhere for everything!
Now I am afraid I won't be able to keep up with my kids and dis-abled hubby after it!
Just how long does it take to recover from a lap like this>? Anyone?
I suppose it will all work it self out. Just nervous and worried. Can't believe how well I was doing and now that the day is almost here, I am twisted into a tight big ball! And it isn't even my hyster yet!!!!
Oh well, I kow at least, God has a plan-sure wish He would let me in on it!!
Got to remember to trust! Love to all, Hope everything is well and pain free for all of you! By the way-Does anyone know where I can access normal blood levels for estriol and estradiol? Thanks!
Peanut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2001, 04:04 PM

Ok, first take a deep breath and blow out really slow, you should be a little calmer after that. I have had 4 lap's done. 2 to get rid of endo and scar tissue from c sections 1 for exploratory and 1 to have my appendix taken out. I was back to work after my appendix in 2 weeks on light duty (kind hard when you're an EMT though). I was still a little sore for a while but not bad at all, only felt like I was punched.

Hope it helps a little.
Love and hugs to you, you need them
Sandi
Unread 06-01-2001, 05:29 PM

{{{Peanut}}} Your support system has to realize that even though this is not a hyst, it is still surgery and, by the sounds of it, a surgery that still involves removal of an organ. You will still need to be the pampered

The best place to find information regarding hormones is our sister site http://www.hormonejungle.com and the Hormone Jungle message board.

Wishing you the best of luck and will be thinking of you Monday, along with all the other heading for the castle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2001, 06:47 PM

A lap's not too bad (not sure about the appendectomy). I stayed in the hospital one night after my last one, but that was because I had hysteroscopic resection of fibroids as well as lots of endo and I was under anesthetic for 5 hours. The other two laps I had I was in the wheelchair and out the door within an hour of waking up in recovery. I had to lie around a bit because of the gas the first night but I could have bouts of activity in between. I didn't feel GREAT and I needed pain medicine for a few days but I was back at work within 5 days.

If you tolerate general anesthesia pretty well you'll do fine.
Unread 06-01-2001, 06:53 PM

Thanks Everyone~Soemtimes I am such a baby! Can't stand all this medical procedure stuff!
I feel luck becasue I have always tolerated anesthesia well. I have heard horror stories about people who don't!
Just worried at what they find mostly.
I have a 100.1 fever tomight. DD is not canceling because I have had one for three months for a few days before my period. It is due on Monday of all days!
So it will probably be down by then anyway.,
Wonder if endo can cause fevers? oh well, just hormonal and bit*** tonight! haha You know how hormones can make you.....-worried about every little thing!
I'll look at this next week and go---OH NO!!! What will those people think of me!!!!!haaaa
Best to everyone!
Peanut
Unread 06-01-2001, 07:18 PM

P-nut--Why did they decide not to do a hyst. right now? Don't remember seeing a post on a change-whats up? My lap for gallbladder removal was really a piece of cake. Burped all day the first day, especially when sittin up, or getting out of bed. Good luck!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register