Any golfers out there? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any golfers out there? Any golfers out there?

Unread 01-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Any golfers out there?

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, maybe it should be in the post-surgery section?

If all goes according to plan, I will have my TAH in early May. I was wondering how soon I will be able to hit the course after?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Any golfers out there?

Hello Mrs. H.!
Well, if your surgery and recovery goes as well and easily as mine, I would say don't count on getting back to golfing until at least September. I'm sure you body will dictate the "when" to golf again. You may not even feel like golfing til then. I'm no routine golfer, but those mid-section muscles are going to be sore for a while. I wish you the best and keep posting your questions and comments. We're here to help.
Unread 01-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Any golfers out there?

I have to agree with the last post. I found it very uncomfortable to turn just to check my blind spot while driving and that was at 6 weeks post op. I am now just 11 weeks post op and still do not think I could handle the impact of the club or the twisting of the torso.

Maybe someone who had their surgery earlier in the year could give you some more information.

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Any golfers out there?

Oh no......that's not what I was hoping to hear! If I'm down till September my whole golf season will be toast. I guess I'll just have to decide which is more important. LOL!

Thanks Robin & ip59 for replying.
Unread 01-19-2009, 04:50 PM
No golfing - YIKES is the TAH worth it? ;)

I had my TAH right at 6 months ago and am just now really feeling ready to swing a club. I lost the ENTIRE fall season. My doctor said I had to set my priorities and I told her I was, golf first and foremost, but had to change them so that surgery came first.

You really aren't going to miss missing the season. I didn't believe it, but I didn't miss it. I was way too tired to even consider trying to golf.

I did go bowling this past week and can't wait for golf season to start.

Good luck
Unread 01-19-2009, 05:04 PM
Any golfers out there?

LOL backyard-flower! You sound just like me! I was just thinking that maybe I need to just push back my surgery to September....after golf season! Seriously, I need to do what's better for my health, not my game!

Thanks for your input.
Unread 01-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Any golfers out there?

I think my doctor got just a little upset with me. I had two golf tournaments, had to get my daughter off to college, had to get my son started in his senior year of school, was day camp director for cub scout day camp, had many many projects at work that I was trying to get submitted for government review while I was off. When I pulled out my planner to try to schedule my surgery, well, you can imagine her look. The oncologist then TOLD me when the surgery would be. We were afraid there was cancer, but there wasn't. It is amazing how I managed to end up fitting everything around my surgery date when they TOLD me what the date would be. The only things I had to miss were one golf tournament and the entire fall bowling season. It's kind of like waiting to have a child, if we always waited until we were ready, we would never have one.

I was able to push mine back just a few weeks, but no longer.

Good luck.
Unread 01-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Any golfers out there?

Hi mrs.h,

I'm a golfer and scheduled, well tried to schedule, my hyster around my golf too. Didn't quite work that way. After five months of Lupron I decided that was enough even though the plan was to stay on until after golf season. Staying on Lupron longer so you can golf!?! And the Dr thought it was fine, he understood. Must be a golf thing.

I got tired of the Lupron and scheduled my hyster for July. When I complained about the long recovery and no golf to my golfing Dr he suggested a LSH. I was playing golf three weeks after my surgery! Any way you can have a less invasive procedure?

Hit them long and straight!

Pat
Unread 01-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Any golfers out there?

Hey Pat, my doctor wants to do the TAH because of my previous c-sections. He too wants me to go on Lipron but only for 3 months. On one hand I would love to postpone it till the fall but then I think of this growing fibroid inside me, heavy periods, etc. and I just want to hurry and get it out. Decisions, decisions!

I can hit them pretty long, it's just the straight part that I need to work on! LOL!
Unread 01-20-2009, 08:58 AM
Any golfers out there?

h,

Yeah the straight part is tough. Sometimes I think its a waste of time to aim!

Some Drs don't know how to do the less invasive procedures so they don't offer them. If you want a shorter recovery, find out if you qualify for one. Ask around, call the hospital and see if they can recommend a Doc who does them and talk to him/her.

My fibroids were huge, 22 weeks, but the Lupron shrunk them very nicely. They were still big for my surgery but I was able to have the LSH. I hadn't had any previous ab surgeries though. I really didn't want to be out of commission for long.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register