TAH surprise hysterectomy for me! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surprise hysterectomy for me! surprise hysterectomy for me!

Unread 02-11-2013, 05:30 PM
surprise hysterectomy for me!

I came in this morning for a hysteroscopy, D&C, laparoscopy, and RSO. Everything has gone pretty well and I'm still not fully informed, but what I do know is it became a total hysterectomy and BSO. And had stage 4 endo... More soon! Lots going on right now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Re: surprise hysterectomy for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb72 View Post
I came in this morning for a hysteroscopy, D&C, laparoscopy, and RSO. Everything has gone pretty well and I'm still not fully informed, but what I do know is it became a total hysterectomy and BSO. And had stage 4 endo... More soon! Lots going on right now!
Wow, I'm so sorry are going through this. That is a surprise. Take a deep breath and allow yourself time to process the information you get.

Unread 02-11-2013, 06:53 PM

Wow, I got a surprise hysterectomy too! My gynecologist thought I had cancer. She referred me to a gyn/onc who also thought there was a good chance I had cancer. My CA-125 was elevated. My hyster was a little over 2 weeks after U/S. I was in shock. Turns out I had Stage IV endo.. diagnosed during surgery. No cancer! Since you know you have endo now, you should go to the articles tab and read the endo articles so you can ask your doc all the important questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2013, 07:42 PM

Same happened to me. I went in to have tubes tied and d&c. Next thing I know I was having hysterectomy. Also stage 4 endo. This site has been very informative and helpful. I did a lot of research in the few days that I had to process the hysterectomy. The information was so confusing and scary. It is nice to read real life people's experiences. Now trying to decide what to do about HRT. Were you told your endo will not return?
Unread 02-16-2013, 12:16 AM
surprise hysterectomy for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana.s3 View Post
Same happened to me. I went in to have tubes tied and d&c. Next thing I know I was having hysterectomy. Also stage 4 endo. This site has been very informative and helpful. I did a lot of research in the few days that I had to process the hysterectomy. The information was so confusing and scary. It is nice to read real life people's experiences. Now trying to decide what to do about HRT. Were you told your endo will not return?
I don't recall my Dr saying that the endo would not return, but she is having me wait a full week before having me apply the climara patch (which will be Monday). I sure hope that stuff never returns!
Unread 02-16-2013, 06:33 AM

I had my hysterectomy due to endometriosis too and I think that because we no longer have our ovaries, we don't have a cycle (clearly no period, but just a regular bodily cycle) and therefore our endometrial tissue doesn't shed and bleed into our body (many emergency room visits telling them it felt like someone was pulling my organs out my belly button and rectum at the same time!). What I wonder about though is if HRT would allow it to become active again. Hmmm... Off to the endometriosis message boards - I didn't realize they were there!
Unread 02-16-2013, 07:27 AM

Same for me - I have a fairly large fibroid that they were going to try & remove vaginally, then a d & c and home that afternoon. Turns out the fibroid was large than they thought, plus some endometriosis so I had a total hysterectomy. Luckily everything tested all good as far as cancer was concerned. On the bright side - no more period, yay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register