Tot Abdominal horrific bruising | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tot Abdominal horrific bruising Tot Abdominal horrific bruising

Unread 06-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Tot Abdominal horrific bruising

Hey there from New Zealand

I am just over 3 weeks post op. They started my operation intending to do it keyhole and vaginal assisted. When I awoke I found out that " many of my organs were stuck to the outer wall and it would have taken over 3 hours to do and we couldn't see right round" so they re-opened my old caesarian scar and did an operation that way. After a few days I realised that my whole tummy from hip to hip and underneath my belly button was black and blue. Now this area was numb for the first two weeks and now its really hurting, now that the numbness has worn off. I'm a tummy sleeper so this doesn't help either. Do you think this new pain is because of all they had to do inside, I was under the impression that they did spend some time separating the outer wall stuff. Did anyone else have such bruising, most people I have talked to that I know didn't, hence me joining here. Would love to hear from anyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2013, 11:03 PM
Re: Tot Abdominal horrific bruising

I also was converted to abdominal surgery from lap, also had adhesions to abdominal wall and had similar horrible bruising. Went from belly button down to groin/thighs and round my sides. On my right, it was round to my back. All kinds of wonderful colors!! It took a while before it all went away but no sign of it now at 6 months thank goodness! My doc told me I was a difficult surgery due to the adhesions and that it could take a few months before I was pain free. It took me a few weeks before I could even sleep on my side so I understand that sleeping on your front would be uncomfortable. 3 weeks is still early days.
I still have some residual pain, especially when exercising, but I'm hopeful to be pain free soon. I hope you are too.
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:55 PM

Wow, Im so glad I joined thanks so much for putting my mind at rest. I thought after a few days that it was all going well and then when the numbness went, holy heck, I have been miserable. It is hard to sleep try as I might, I can't sleep unless I am on my tummy. Will keep persisting to try to ease it. Thanks once again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2013, 05:35 AM

I had abdominal incision, but that was planned. No serious adhesions that I was told about. However, I can relate to how you're feeling.

My bruising was on my upper and inner thighs (strange), no visible buises on my belly, but my belly was completely numb. After about a week I started to get some feeling back, and the skin is so sore now to the touch, it FEELS like a severe bruise, even though there is no bruising to see on the surface.

I am using a belly binder for about 20 hours a day. It not only helps relieve me from having to hold my saggy hanging swelly belly, but also allows me to sleep on my side without everything hanging out and hurting, and without the feeling of bedding and clothing rubbing against my sore skin.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register