LSH need advice about work problem (long) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

need advice about work problem (long) need advice about work problem (long)

Unread 10-18-2011, 04:59 PM
need advice about work problem (long)

Hey All,

I am not supposed to go back to work until November 1st. I wasn't going to, but they were in a real bind this week, and I finally agreed to help out with just one job (billing)

Monday was fine, but I overdid it a bit and was there longer than I should have been.

Today was okay, and as I was getting ready to leave, the woman who is in charge of schedule front desk coverage asked me to cover for lunch today.

I told her, I was fading fast and was finished with the billing and heading home. She then asked if I was coming in tomorrow. I said, yes, but didn't think about what she was getting at.

Now I am honkerblonked! I only agreed to help with the Billing because it was very important. I just know she is going to put me on the schedule to watch the phones.

I am not ready to be there full time. I thought agreeing to help with the billing would be a nice way to ease into things. But as usual give them an inch they take a mile.

Now as most of you know I also teach fitness classes, and I have started back to my classes. The difference is that I only teach for one hour and always feel better after.. My desk job always wears me out, and I am always stressed. I feel completely exhausted after an hour at the office.

I am sorry to whine I just was looking for advice on what to say when I see she scheduled me for front desk duty for 2 hours. (there's no way I can do billing while up there because it's constant interruptions with the phones and answering the intercom etc.) and that is the ONLY reason I am there this week.

Any advice on what to say would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Re: need advice about work problem (long)

I would try to calmly tell her you are helping with the billing only and are just not up for the other. Don't get angry but just say I agreed to this but I don't think I am quite up to anything else right now. I am exhausted and need to make sure I heal. Sending hugs
Unread 10-18-2011, 07:30 PM

Great advice Thank you.
I actually realized I have 2 Doctors appointments scheduled for tomorrow, so I sent the 2 people concerned an email, just like you said. I said, I was reminding them I had appointments scheduled and would be in to do the billing. etc.

to the person that was trying to get me to do more, I sent a separate email. Fortunately I had a phone call with her one week post op and she said that I should rest and not plan on returning until November 1st.

I reminded her that I as still on leave and only doing this favor because of the special situation, and that as we discussed on the phone I would be back on November 1st and thank you for understanding.

She'll probably be honkerblonked, and that is why we should never show our faces at work before we are ready to return because people don't realize what is really going on. Especially since we are all probably so much better than we were before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenyatta5 View Post
I would try to calmly tell her you are helping with the billing only and are just not up for the other. Don't get angry but just say I agreed to this but I don't think I am quite up to anything else right now. I am exhausted and need to make sure I heal. Sending hugs
How are you doing? I see you had a lot going on. I hope you dont' have any more pain.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register