having trouble holding it together | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

having trouble holding it together having trouble holding it together

Unread 01-03-2005, 10:08 PM
having trouble holding it together

what's wrong with me tonite????? i ve been on wellbutrin for two months now and tonite i can't stop all this wishy washy tears from flowing. i should be happy i paid for my tt today, i think im just getting close and its overwhelming. my 14 yr old daughter, sweet as pie, i just look at how beautiful she is and she came from me and soon that part will be gone and it makes me crazy to be so sad but i am. i have three girls, 4, 12,, 14 ......

i can only hope this all passes over so that i can stay strong for the girls through my tah and tt. sometimes it is so hard to hold it all together.

the mom-the rock-the glue

will i ever be the same???????????

love ya girls, sorry for ramblin on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2005, 10:31 PM

Hi !

You are emotional and it's normal. I found my surgery to be an emotional rollercoaster for me. I was nervous and excited but also sad that a big part of my life was over. But, I have found my surgery has given me a beginning of a new chapter and it's just as good for me.

Don't fight your feelings. I know you feel you have to be the strong one...I do, too. Try not to stress yourself. I wish the best for you! Hang in there!

s

Deb
Unread 01-04-2005, 10:29 AM

Boy, I can relate, too!

I think this experience is bittersweet for many women. It's both an ending and a beginning for many of us.

I can speak from my own experience and say that I had lots of emotions pre-op, too. I got weepy a few times and couldn't even figure out why, because I was not at all sad about the surgery. But this is a major step and there's no getting around that.

Take care of yourself. We're here for you whenever you need us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2005, 12:57 PM

I was a mess before my SAH and TT in Aug. I also have three girls ages 9, 14 and 17. They were all very helpful afterwards. The older girls understood what a uterus was. Even though I was finished with my family, it felt very sad to not have that part of me anymore.

At 5 months out I still rememember how emotional I was the days before surgery.

I am THRILLED with having the TT. I needed the hyst but I will honestly tell you I still don't feel adjusted to it, but it's getting better.

Good luck to you. I hope you have a peaceful and uneventful recovery.
Unread 01-04-2005, 12:58 PM

Yep...it is totally natural to be emotional and scared! I can vouch for a lot of sisters here that 99% of us have been crying, sobbing, bawling basketcases at one point or another!

The only advice I can give you is to ride the rollercoaster as best as you can. Cry when you feel you need to cry. Get angry (without hurting anyone or anything ) when you feel the need! Go on the boards to get advice and read about experiences pre and post op. There is a WORLD of wonderful information in here, expressed by pretty amazing women across the U.S., Canada and World!

You can read as much as you want in documents, books, and the internet about hysterectomies, but in my humble opinion, you will get the most heart-felt, realistic and emotional information here at Hystersisters.com!!

So, soak in the knowledge this website offers.

This journey you are embarking on is going to change your life for the better, although it is a long and at times, difficult one.

Best of luck to you. Truly, the worst part of all of this is the waiting.

You will be fine!

Hugs,
Sarah

xoxo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register