Severe pain in the groin (crotch) area | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Severe pain in the groin (crotch) area Severe pain in the groin (crotch) area

Unread 09-04-2007, 11:13 AM
Severe pain in the groin (crotch) area

I know there was a thread made about this WAY back last year, but there was no end response whether it goes away eventually or not...

Heres the prob:
Since the day I had my hysterectomy I've had like a sharp, burning, pulling sensation in the nerves from my incision, wrapping down between the left side between the vaginal lip and thigh. If i even slide the toilet paper or a finger along that left side (hypersensitive) or try to walk without my thighs touching...., it hurts...BAD

Julso, deedledumplin, kdzprzlr, or abby gale bigs.... Please let me know if this ever went away? It is excrusiating now to say the least...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2007, 12:15 PM

Oh Amanda, that sounds aweful! I'm so sorry you are experiencing that terrible sensation. : ( Hopefully one of these ladies can give you more info! Have you talked to the dr or nurse about this? If so - what did they say? Keep us posted - I'll be thinking of you!

If it is a nerve thing (like burning I have on incision), is there a medication you could take to help ou? I know my gpa took a medication called Lyrica to help with diabetic neuropothy in his hands and feet (nerve issues). I realize they are seperate issues, but maybe there is something you can take to help with that until it resolves on its own???

Hugs, sweetie! Hang in there - its gonna get better!!

-Salam
Unread 09-04-2007, 02:27 PM

Haven't talked to a doc yet...I will be seeing him tomorrow around 2ish EST

Will let you all know what he says if I don't get any replies here...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2007, 04:16 PM

Hope you are feeling better!! Did the Dr have anything to say? I have had the same problem - but on the right - and I am at 6 weeks post-op. I was fine 2 weeks ago during my check-up, but now I am sitting with ice on my groin trying to figure out what is going on.
I don't think I overdid it, but it is hard to tell.
Unread 09-05-2007, 04:29 PM

Amanda,

How did it go today?? Hope all is well, and the doc has some possible resolutions for you! : ) Keep us posted!
Unread 09-05-2007, 06:38 PM

I actually have to go back tomorrow at 10:45 am, as the doc was called out to an emergency..but i can see right now (since i took off the steri-strips) that the actual nerve causing the pain is protruding from the incision I know thats the one because when i touch it, the pain shoots right through again.

Anyhow, I for sure will post what the doc says as soon as I get home...

Thanks for the concern and replies it is awesome knowing the support i have from here, and i tell ya, it feels so good knowing that i always have someone to talk to here...

Thanks!
Amanda
Unread 09-05-2007, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaF
I actually have to go back tomorrow at 10:45 am, as the doc was called out to an emergency..but i can see right now (since i took off the steri-strips) that the actual nerve causing the pain is protruding from the incision I know thats the one because when i touch it, the pain shoots right through again.

Anyhow, I for sure will post what the doc says as soon as I get home...

Thanks for the concern and replies it is awesome knowing the support i have from here, and i tell ya, it feels so good knowing that i always have someone to talk to here...

Thanks!
Amanda

OH MY GOD!!!! The nerve is PROTRUDING from the incision?!?!?!?! And THAT'S not an emergency????! Sweetheart, you are GOOD. Real GOOD! Because I don't have patience like you do. He would need to fix that real quick. Not tomorrow - today. Like NOW!!!

Best of luck tomorrow when you see him. Please, please, please let us know how that goes. I'll be keeping an eye out for your post!

-Salam
Unread 09-06-2007, 12:18 PM

Well the doc says that I'm healing fine, and that the exposed nerve will eventually dry up and die off..while regenerating inside where its supposed to be... then the pains will stop...isnt that nice lol..i know that it can take months to regrow nerves..so i'm not looking forward to this :-S gonna call my gyn tomorrow and ask to see him instead of my regular doc i think
Unread 09-06-2007, 07:13 PM

Hi Amanda - Thanks for the update! I was thinking about you on and off all day today and wondering how your appointment went. It just baffles my mind that you have an exposed nerve protruding from your incision! I know that no one is perfect, but if YOU can see it ... and your regular doc can see it ... how is it that the surgeon did not notice this exposed nerve?! Or for goodness sake ... whoever stapled or put seteri strips or whatever on! How did they miss THAT?!?!

Good idea to call the gyn, if that's who did the surgery. IMO, s/he's got some explaining to do. And he needs to figure out a reasonable solution. It does not seem reasonable to expect you to endure that type of excruciating pain while the nerve dies off and regenerates! UGH!!!

Please keep us posted - good luck with the gyn tomorrow! : )
Unread 09-07-2007, 09:07 AM

New to this site and message boards in general. Read Amanda's crotch/groin pain b/c I have crotch/vaginal pain, but different than what Amanda has described. By the way Amanda I hate your pain for you, it sounds truly awful and disconcerting. At this point, I feel this is all an unneccesary shame. We live in the wealthiest country in the world with well educated doctors and surgeons but they are so busy that we're forced to pour over the internet to find out why this, that, or the other thing is happening to our body post op. Don't get me wrong this site is awesome and I'm grateful to all the hyster sisters, I'm just super frustrated three weeks out. My vagina just feels swollen and I've been resting. Anyone else feel this side effect?

Thanks for listening to my rant.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register