The Essential Guide to Hysterectomy - Give-Away! - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

The Essential Guide to Hysterectomy - Give-Away! The Essential Guide to Hysterectomy - Give-Away!

Unread 04-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Re: The Essential Guide to Hysterectomy - Give-Away!

I cooked up some meals and put them in the freezer. I made sure all the bills and errands were taken care of. I prepared my spot for recovery, with the remote, tissues and a side table with a book. I had blankets etc. I made sure to have the phone and a good book nearby too. Then, I told most people to stay away so I could sleep. Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2013, 04:01 PM

Since I have 5 kids and a hubby, I prepared by making sure ALL the laundry in the house was done and put away and really cleaned the house. That way my hubby wasn't trying to play catch up while taking over all my duties for me while I was resting, and it is easier for me to relax and heal when I am not staring down the barrel of a dozen loads of laundry and a mess just waiting to expand! I also rearranged the bedroom so it would be easier to get in and out of bed and lay down to watch TV.
Unread 04-09-2013, 05:09 PM

My surgery is in two weeks, so I started buying a few pieces of comfy clothes to wear when I come home. I plan to do a total cleaning of my house so I'm not stressed when I come home from the hospital, and one big grocery shopping trip before hand so I have enough food for a little while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2013, 05:58 PM

Congrats alittlefluffy - on winning a copy of The Essential Guide to Hysterectomy. Please send me a message with your snail mail address - so we can send your copy to you!

We can continue for an additional week - to give away one more copy. Need more responses! Thanks for participating!
Unread 04-10-2013, 03:40 PM
The Essential Guide to Hysterectomy - Give-Away!

I made several freezer to slow cooker/oven meals and stocked our pantry with lots of extras so my husband would not have to deal with trips to the store. It's week four and he made his first trip yesterday! Also in preparation, I viewed and studied the hystersisters website and used many suggestions! This site is a God-send!
runningOTE=Kat;4034724]Dr Lauren Streicher has released a new version of her awesome book: The Essential Guide to Hysterectomy - and we are giving away 4 copies this month! For a chance to win a copy, reply to this thread.

Tell us what you did to prepare for your hysterectomy!

We will announce a winner each Friday for the next 4 weeks.[/quote]
Unread 04-13-2013, 07:19 AM

I had about 2 months to prepare for surgery. I cleaned my "sick" room and make it comfy just for me, cooked and prepared extra meals, made accommodations for my son while hubby was working. My preparation for surgery was good and organized, that was until I had to have a second surgery (worse that the first) that was a total surprise with no preparation. I spend my Thanksgiving in the hospital eating chicken broth and jello!!
Unread 04-13-2013, 03:26 PM

Just finished setting up my kitchen...Changed the curtains in my living room and bedroom, as well as cleaned the windows...Packing my bag tonight...Updated my health care proxy and living will...Write out the daily routine for my kids along with every possible phone number....My recovery care bin is stocked with juices, water, soups, puddings, and jello (I'll be home by myself during the morning, while kids are in school)...Movies recorded on my dvr, fresh batteries in remotes....Simple pajamas, undies, and ready to wear clothes in reach...Back scratcher, bath loafer, and long shoe horn in reach...All numbers updated in my phone...I'm ready fit surgery and recovery...
Unread 04-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Red face - The Essential Guide to Hysterectomy - Give-Away! Re: The Essential Guide to Hysterectomy - Give-Away!

I'm currently in the middle of preparing for mine at the moment. I'm doing research and trying to figure out what it's going to be like. I'm also coming here, where there's a built-in community for people who are going to or have already been through what I'm going to go through.
Unread 04-16-2013, 03:52 PM
The Essential Guide to Hysterectomy - Give-Away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
Dr Lauren Streicher has released a new version of her awesome book: The Essential Guide to Hysterectomy - and we are giving away 4 copies this month! For a chance to win a copy, reply to this thread.u

Tell us what you did to prepare for your hysterectomy!

We will announce a winner each Friday for the next 4 weeks.
What I did to prepare was pray pray pray.
Unread 04-19-2013, 05:21 PM

I am reading HysterSisters to learn as much as I can to prepare for my June surgery. I am trying to prepare as best I can, both doing things to make my life easier but also preparing mentally. I still have lots of work to do!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register