had my pre-op 6/15 - LONG | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

had my pre-op 6/15 - LONG had my pre-op 6/15 - LONG

Unread 06-16-2004, 05:56 PM
had my pre-op 6/15 - LONG

~sigh~

okay, here goes...

so my regular doctor is assisting another doctor who's done 100's of LSH's...so I met with the doc actually DOING the surgery...and I can't decide how I feel about him - he was friendly enough and sat there while I asked EVERY SINGLE QUESTION I HAD - and I had tons of 'em...and he answered them as best he could...then he noticed this LONG appendectomy scar from the 70's where my appendix had ruptured - was in the hospital for over a month - almost died...etc...and he told me they may not be able to do this laproscopically....they might have to switch mid-stream and since I'll be asleep we'll need plan B now - so we discuss doing it abdominally and vaginally - he wants vaginally - I wanted ab. coz I wanted to preserve my cervix and I told him this many times and he STILL kept saying so we'll do this vaginally if the LSH is impossible to do......good grief will you LISTEN TO ME???? Good thing I get to meet with MY doctor the morning of surgery and will tell him I want to keep my cervix if at all possible.......no ifs, ands or BUTS about it!!!!!! It makes me angry when they don't listen!!! He even said, why do you want to keep it? I said because I found a wonderful website and am aware that it helps with pelvic floor support and that there may be some corelation between the cervix and sexual satisfaction and that my DH is 6 years younger than me so this IS important! You wanna know what he said to that? "He's past his prime so don't worry about that - losing sexual drive happens to us all as we get older." WHAT???????? Are you even kidding me??????? THE NERVE! I said, "Well, that may be, but if it makes it happen for me NOW then I don't want it!" He then tells me how many he's done and that none of these women even complain about having any sexual dysfunction...I wonder if they do he just isn't LISTENING!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRR!!!

I'm exasperated with this man.......with it being Monday for my surgery it's too late to change, PLUS I know he's skilled and knows what he's doing......and my doctor, whom I totally 100% trust, trusts this doctor!

I'll make it a point to talk to my doctor very clearly on Monday......may even call him!

Also, I'm still anemic and NOW have HIVES!! GOOD GRAVY! I broke out not long after my appointment with this doctor...neves, stress.....I'm just freaking out!!!!!!!

I'm almost ready to change my mind......

ohh...and now I'm set for a 6 week recovery time and only get paid 2........what the heck are we to do for 4 weeks???? I"ve applied for the sick leave pool...but they keep saying it's really meant for someone with a catastrophic illness and then ask do I have cancer? I say I dunno......they'll biopsy what they remove and then I'll know.......then they wanna know if I requested this ...uh......NO...my doctor said it's necessary for relief of all my PAIN!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD GRAVY!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so itchy from these hives and so stressed out and I'm sorry this is long but I needed to unload...gonna go read some more posts and scratch......

~sigh~

edited for speilling errors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2004, 06:00 PM

on a good note - NO BOWEL PREP! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I was pretty happy about that part at least
Unread 06-16-2004, 08:15 PM

Having major surgery isn't considered a catastrophic illness??? So let me get this straight--if they do the biopsy and there's cancer, you deserve sympathy. If there's no cancer, you just had it for fun, right? Where do they get these people? If the doctor says six weeks to recover, that should be good enough. I feel for you girlfriend! I am soooo sick of people thinking that having a hyst is like having a tooth pulled or that it's some kind of elective surgery like cosmetic surgery or something. This world needs some education.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2004, 08:45 PM

I couldn't agree more.....

what is with the world today where this is a nothing surgery??? Give me a break - they are REMOVING an ORGAN for cripes sake...

I can really now sympathize with those women here who deal with this kind of attitude from all angles.......

geeeeeez

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register