Sleeping in the same bed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sleeping in the same bed Sleeping in the same bed

Unread 03-24-2005, 02:40 PM
Sleeping in the same bed

When did your DH (or SO) start sleeping in the same bed with you? Mine is saying he will sleep in the recliner for as long as necessary. I have trouble sleeping when he isn't in the bed with me ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2005, 02:48 PM
Sleeping in the same bed

I hadn't planned on my Hubby sleeping anywhere else but in bed with me. We have a king bed and I don't think there will be any problem - if there is we'll figure it out.

jas
Unread 03-24-2005, 02:51 PM
Sleeping in the same bed

We stayed in the same bed, we figured if it was a problem we'd put a pillow in between. Everything was fine. You'll feel better with him there with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2005, 02:54 PM
Sleeping in the same bed

sandy
SO slept in the recliner for only one night. we have a queen size bed
its funny though, he says he only gets 1/3 of the bed anyway. i get 1/3 and the cat gets 1/3. so i did kick the cat out. (he always wants to be on my stomach) and we did just fine.

jane321
Unread 03-24-2005, 04:04 PM
Sleeping in the same bed

Hi Sandy,

I didn't sleep in the same bed as my hubby for 2 weeks but only because I couldn't get in and out of the waterbed. Believe me when I could I was back in there as I didn't sleep to well without him. We found no problems, so give it a try first.

Take care..........Karen
Unread 03-24-2005, 08:09 PM
Sleeping in the same bed

Hubby slept in same bed from day one. It was nice because everytime I had to get up he'd help me in and out of bed. I also found spooning to be the most comfy with a piilow against my tummy and his back, that little bit of pressure felt good and took a little pressure off the sagging tummy and made it feel like it wasn't all going to burst open.
Unread 03-24-2005, 08:15 PM
Sleeping in the same bed

I had to kick hubby out of bed when we got home today. HE tosses adn turns alot and everytime he moved the whole bed moved and it hurt me so I told him I couldn't sleep with him right now. I don't like it, but I prefer sleeping alone to pain everytime he moves...it will probably be okay after tonight....I hope!
Unread 03-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Sleeping in the same bed

Sandy - hi.

I am wondering the same thing myself, but really hate sleeping without hubby. Unfort. he has been labeled an official "bed wrecker" by the whole family. He flops, yanks covers wrong way, SNORES, tries to spoon me while asleep and always ends up jabbing his elbow in my back (the list goes on) .... hmmmmm.

But I think I will try and keep him in the bed and do the pillow in between us idea - that will prob increase my chances of surviving hahahhaha :

And I agree, will be nice if he is there if i need to get up etc.

We have one small black chihuahua that sleeps in between dh's legs under covers (he is very brave) so pets not too much of a problem.
I think i will try and if doesnt work will boot him i guess. (dh not puppy) lol
Maybe i could ask dh if he could sleep in sleeping bag on floor near bed??? hahah he'll love that!
Unread 03-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Sleeping in the same bed

DH and I have a king sized bed which we share with Oscar, our 22 lb. ! Or maybe he shares it with us!! lol

I had to sleep on my back due to the SAH/BSO with repairs. I kept a pillow under my knees and one on my stomach (as Oscar sleeps wherever he wants to at night--including my stomach.)

This worked out well. DH made sure I was comfortable and was immediately awake any time I had to get out of bed. It was also nice being able to reach out and touch him when I needed too.

's..........Katie
Unread 03-25-2005, 06:19 AM
Sleeping in the same bed

I couldn't imagine not sleeping with my hubby. He senses when I'm not feeling well or having trouble sleeping (which is pretty often these days) and will stroke my hair or rub my back to help me relax.

I'm glad to hear that most sisters didn't have trouble sleeping with their SO's. I'd hate to be adding that to my list of worries!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register