been really depressed today... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

been really depressed today... been really depressed today...

Unread 09-26-2011, 09:30 PM
been really depressed today...

Never thought I would be so down... cried most of the day! I found out that a friend of mine is pregnant who is a year older than me... hit me so hard I could not imagine. I knew going in to this that I would be upset some because I always wanted children but accepted the fact that I did not want cancer- so with all of my problems I accepted that the doctor said this was my only option... since drugs and othe surgery options were not helping. I cried some before- but nothing like today. I found out this morning and all day I have been upset and teary eyed. I hate this!

Will it ever get easier? I wanted children and this lady has two kids in college? It is like an ironic joke to me... I could not even speak when I was told by a person that did not even realize how it would affect me. My best friend called as soon as she found out I had found out- to ask me if I was ok- she would not tell me because she thought I would get upset. Well, I did- even though I should not have.

Had total hysterectomy with ovaries (BSO I believe) last wednesday sept 21st- so really touchy... hormones I can blame.

I know I am running on and on- but I so want to scream. This lady is a fellow teacher and I get to see for the next seven months her joy...fun- right? I can work with kids all day long- but for some reason this really has hit a nerve. Going to take an ambien and see if I can finally sleep-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2011, 09:54 PM
Re: been really depressed today...

(((((dawn2sea)))))

Totally understandable. The first 7-10 days after my surgery, I was an emotional wreck... cried over everything and nothing. I think that's normal. It's major surgery AND our hormones are all whacked out. I don't have kids either, and I used to want a baby desperately... so I get that. Even though I'd accepted a few years ago that it's just not in the cards for me, there's something so final about having surgery remove every last shred of possibility.
Unread 09-26-2011, 09:55 PM

I understand what you are going through. I have never been able to get pregnant either. I did cry alot after the surgery for a few days. My doc put me on Hrt's a week after surgery. It would have been worse i think if I hadn't already been on antidepressants. I have two step children and 1 grandson and another on the way. If I wasn't apart of their lives, I would have handled this surgery alot worse. My daughter and grandson live with us and it has been a joy having them here and a big help. I have found that being apart of a baby's life has made it alot easier for me to handle not having children of my own. I hope this has helped some if not I am so sorry. Here's to happy healing and hope things get better for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2011, 10:30 PM

Oh my dear sister. I have no good words other than to offer my condolences. I am sorry for your loss. It's okay to grieve. When you are feeling stronger, it's okay to scream, too. I can't take away your pain, but I will defend your need to express it any way you need to, and be a virtual shoulder you can vent on whenever it gets to be too much.
Healing thoughts and prayers to you.
Unread 09-26-2011, 10:55 PM

I too am a teacher and I understand your pain...no natural children for me either and I had my hysterectomy 4 and a half weeks ago...I cried non-stop for two days in the first week...I tried so hard to keep my womb but it became life threatening for me...in the last 9 months I had to have two blood transfusions I am thinking of you...I think we're going througha very similar story...I have been so happy for those teachers having babies at my school but it is such a hard thing to see their tummies grow!! I am here for you if you want to talk...I still have moments where I feel such emptiness...but life is precious and we are so lucky to have it I guess...we could be worse off...that's what I keep telling myself...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register