knots appearing 3 wks post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

knots appearing 3 wks post op knots appearing 3 wks post op

Unread 05-22-2013, 05:22 PM
knots appearing 3 wks post op

Has anyone has knots develop weeks after surgery? I have 2 one that's above belly button had Lap surgery week after doctor put me on antibiotic for one above belly button but the second one is on left side where incisions are but not at incisions, it's across from it! This one is new just found it today when I had a pain in that area. Should I be worried? I'm on Lovenox so could a hematoma still form? I'm nervous but don't want to over react.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2013, 05:28 PM
Re: knots appearing 3 wks post op

I would call the doctor just to check it out. I did not get any knots and it could possibly be a hematoma or a blood clot formed. Even being on Lovenox doesn't guarantee that you don't have a blood clot. Better to talk to your doc about this.
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:01 PM

Do the knots "go away" when you lie down? Bigger when you stand up? Possibly could be hernias. Have it checked out with your surgeon. You can also google incisional hernias for more info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2013, 12:42 AM

The knot is really sore it's starting to get bigger hurts when I cough, sneeze, or have a bowel movement I've noticed the area is purplish could be from a Lovenox injection. I do remember doing something I shouldn't have, we had 2 35 packs of water in a chair that was in my way and no one around to move them so I moved the chair by walking each leg :/ starting to think I pulled something and caused it. Did look at the incisional hernia and possibly what's going on but I'm not sure. Thank you ladies for your help.
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:14 PM

I hope you got in touch with your doctor and he was able to check it out. If it is starting to get bigger and is hurting more, I would definitely see the doc. I had a hernia and remember it starting as real small and then getting really big and sore. Hopefully that's not it but your doc really needs to check it out. Sending hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register