migraines anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

migraines anyone? migraines anyone?

Unread 06-26-2006, 12:03 PM
migraines anyone?

Hello everyone,
I wondered who among you have migraine problems and how they have gotten better or worse since surgery.

I had my TAH 2 1/2 months ago and I now seem to be back to the pre-hysterectomy migraine pattern...several bad days during ovulation, and a few bad days before menstruation. Of course, it is harder to figure out when I am doing those biological things since the hyster! However, I am having migraines about 2 weeks apart like I have in the past, since my hormone cycle was on a 4 week schedule.

I have a lousy head today and thought I would ask you ladies with experience how things are going. A big and a hug to all you migraineurs out there-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2006, 12:21 PM
migraines anyone?

Oh, Joma...my heart is going out to you....I can't remember not having migraines even as a child...I am so hopeful that the removal of every last little thing in me will make them go away...I'm so sorry you have not found relief from them. Lots of gentle quiet hugs!
Unread 06-26-2006, 03:53 PM
migraines anyone?

Joma,
Sorry to hear your head's giving you grief. Hope you can take some meds and try to get some quiet time to relieve your migraine.

My migraines were constant companions several times a month, ever since I turned 14. Even had one the day before my surgery, which made everything pre-surgery hard to get through. But since the surgery, I've only had 1. I can scarcely believe it and probably won't believe it until I can go through a whole year with less than I had usually been having!.... Don't know if it's for real or not, so I'm keeping my medications up to date, just in case.

Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2006, 04:41 PM
migraines anyone?

Hi Joma,
I had menstrual migraines for the last 15 years or more of my life. My doc says they were hormonal. When I had my hysterectomy she told me that it would be in my best interest to have the ovaries removed also, because if I didn't I could still suffer from all the same pre-menstrual symptoms including my migraines. I opted to have them removed. I'm so happy I did. I haven't had a single migraine since May. I just hope it stays that way. I've NEVER gone an entire month let alone going on 2 without at least 2 migraines in that month. I've had some tiny headaches that went away immediately after taking Excedrin & I had a headache in the hospital immediately after my surgery, but I blame that on the surgery. So far, so good!! I wish you luck & hope things get better for you. I know how debilitating migraines are.
Unread 06-27-2006, 05:36 AM
migraines anyone?

I still get monthly migraines for about 3 days. Its awful. Sorry I don't have any suggestions but to avoid the foods that will trigger them: chocolate, wine, cheese, saccarine.
Unread 06-27-2006, 06:08 AM
migraines anyone?

Hi!

I also suffered from hormonal migraines & they were increasing in frequency & severity. They were lasting 5-7 days prior to surgery. I had my last one two weeks prior to surgery along with my last period--it was aweful as I had to not take any meds because I was so close to surgery. I am happy to have not had any since!!! (Had it all removed due to severe endo) I am assuming you still have you'r ovaries? So sorry you are going through this--I hope you find relief soon!

Hugs!

tum-e-trouble
Unread 06-27-2006, 06:41 AM
migraines anyone?

Hi Joma,

I also suffered with hormonal migraines before my surgery. I am a little over 4 months out and I just wanted to let you know that my cycle has evened itself out and I am NOT getting the horrible migrains any more. It took a few months for my ovaries to get back on track from the stress of the surgery.

I do get symptoms of a period coming, but it has been less and less every month. It's almost like my body is saying "Oh we aren't doing that uterus thing any more we're just putting out the hormones so that she doesn't go through menopause just yet." Every month is better and better.

My migraines were more frequent right after my surgery until my ovaries got back on track, now I can't remember the last time I had to carry my Exedrin meds and sit in a quiet room waiting for the pain to pass. Maybe the same thing is happening with you? God bless! Keep us posted!
Unread 06-27-2006, 07:05 AM
migraines anyone?

I feel so bad for you. I too was getting them every 2 weeks ever since I can remember too. My dr put me on a beta blocker, propranolol, about a year ago and I have only had about 3 since then. I have had 1 since my surgery and it was a doozy. I took some imitrex and went to sleep and still woke up with it so I took 2 of my pain pills went back to sleep woke up again and it was gone. I hope you get some relief soon.
Unread 06-27-2006, 07:05 AM
migraines anyone?

I had migraines before the my tah and still have them now after my tah. I hope yours get better.
Unread 06-27-2006, 08:00 AM
migraines anyone?

I've suffered with Migraines since my teens and they started getting worse the older I got. I had my TAH BSO on may second and have only had 2 heqadaches since and they weren't migraines just sinus headaches. I feel for you I know how much. They only relief I got was from meds that put me to sleep and cold raps around my head. I hope you start feeling better soon. I would ask you rdoctor if there is anything that he can do. Sending lots of gentle hugs.
Mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register