Has Anyone had a second surgery? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has Anyone had a second surgery? Has Anyone had a second surgery?

Unread 09-15-2006, 02:33 AM
Has Anyone had a second surgery?

I want t know if any one has had a 2nd surgery. i had TAH BSO on 7-27 and on 9-8 had laproscopic for a blood clot and pus pocket near bladder. extreme pain, have taken antibiotics for 3 weeks now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2006, 09:20 AM

Hi I Want Cake
Welcome to Hystersisters! I didn't have to have a second surgery but a lot of the members have. I hope you will hear from some now.
Three weeks seems like a long time on an antibiotic. What is your dr saying? I hope you will feel better soon. Keep us posted.
's,Rita
Unread 09-15-2006, 10:46 AM

I have had 3 surgeries this year: a failed endometrial ablasion + D & C in Jan.; a failed NovaSure in Feb.; and sucessful supracervical hysterectomy in June. I "pampered my inner Princess" during recovery and just took it easy. I am feeling pretty good today although I do have bowel issues now and then.

Hope you are well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2006, 11:37 AM

I had two surgeries in less than a week. Started Aug 2 with what was supposed to be a BSO for a complex cyst. I am 4 years post menopausal, so they told me to just go ahead and take both ovaries. It was to be done laproscopically. After Dr got in, he just took pictures because he didn't like what he saw and the GYN oncologist was unavailable. Sent me and my pictures the next day for a consult with a GYN oncologist. She examined me and agreed that I needed to have a hysterectomy. Wasn't sure what we were facing. My original surgeon called me the next day to tell me I was scheduled for Monday the 7th. No time to even fret! Had a TAH/SBO and all pathology was negative!

I will be 6 weeks out on Monday and have my check-up. Have a few minor issues to discuss, but am hoping to come out with a clean bill of health and can start doing things again.

Not sure if this is what you were asking about more than one surgery. Since I hadn't had anything done since I was 16 ... this was a bit much to "digest".
Unread 09-15-2006, 12:50 PM

I had a second surgery 6 weeks after my hyst. My doctor told me it would take me a year to get back to normal, she was right.
Unread 09-15-2006, 01:12 PM

2nd, 3rd, 4th and hopefully 5th (LAVH BSO) is the final one all in a 13 month time span. Not to count the 2 in years past not related to my female problems.

All have been lap. surgeries in the last year. The first 3 were done by a general surgeon the last 2 by my gyn.
#1 - July 05 exploratory - hernaia & removed cyst on ovaries
#2 - May 1, 06 cyst again
#3 - May 23, 06 exploratory removed scar & fatty tissue, cleaned up inside and closed the hole in ab wall
#4 - July 20, 06 exploratory found stage 3 endo 90 % removed (left the most painful 10%)
#5 - Aug 23, 06 LAVH BSO
Each one has been totally different as far as recovery. Some easier than others. Of coarse the hyst is the longest recovery time but not really the hardest. I had a hematoma after #3 and ran out of pain meds. Memorial Weekend so that was not fun.
I also had a hernia repaired with #1. After #4 I found out I had been bleeding internally for over a year it was no wonder I couldn't get my energy back.
Needless to say I am tired of having surgery.
Unread 09-15-2006, 02:08 PM

I've had 4 more since my hyst: one a couple of months after the hyst, to remove a large vaginal adhesion that had formed blocking my vagina ; one a year later, a colectomy, for diverticulitis; one a year after that, for breast cancer; and the most recent one, two months ago, also for breast cancer.

You're not alone.

s,
-Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register