6 Week Post-op Visit: I got the green light! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 Week Post-op Visit: I got the green light! 6 Week Post-op Visit: I got the green light!

Unread 01-26-2012, 11:28 AM
6 Week Post-op Visit: I got the green light!

Hi everybody! Well, today was my 6 week post-op check up. I was SO nervous because I knew I was going to have my first exam.

Me and hubby went into the exam room, talked to the doctor to ask our questions (i.e. increased anxiety, super oily skin, continued fatigue, etc.) and then came the exam. I told my doctor I was nervous, so he talked me through what was going on the entire time, EXCEPT for the part when he palpated my abdomen!!!! THAT I was not expecting! I looked at my husband while it was happening and could tell he was concerned, but I'm sure me hollering "that hurts, that hurts!" wasn't helping.

Fortunately, it was over within a few seconds and the doctor said everything looked good on my cuff. He said there was one little spot, about the size of a pencil eraser, that was still a little red and would need another couple of weeks to heal, but everything else was perfect! He gave me the green light to take baths, start driving, return to work without restrictions, and to travel to the Caribbean in a couple of weeks on holiday. Me and hubby are over the moon excited.

I can't wait to get back to the office tomorrow! I'm ready to get out of this house. Plus, just knowing that he looked at my cuff and that it looks good adds some certain extra confidence to my mental well being.

I know I'll have to go slowly back into my life, but I'm ready, willing, and now approved to be able!

I just wanted to share this glorious day with all my sisters! Thank you all so much for being there during this period. You all helped me get through this more than any of you will ever understand! This site is such an amazing blessing.

Hugs to all!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Re: 6 Week Post-op Visit: I got the green light!

Very happy for you! I hope you enjoy your vacation to the fullest!
Unread 02-09-2012, 04:48 AM
Re: 6 Week Post-op Visit: I got the green light!

What does it mean when you say he palpated your abdomin?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register