cervical freezing after LSH ??? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cervical freezing after LSH ??? cervical freezing after LSH ???

Unread 09-17-2006, 08:50 PM
cervical freezing after LSH ???

I had the "freezing" done 2 seperate times. It was way less painful than I imagined it to be. I went back to work afterwards! The worst part was the "defrosting" and that's what it felt like. I had to wear pads for a few weeks to catch the leakage.
let us know how it all turns out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2006, 09:47 PM

Are there benefits to keeping the cervix? I'm just curious, mine was removed with my uterus. It never would have accurred to me to keep it without my uterus? Course my cervix was the whole reason for the surgery. Just wondering. Thanks!
Unread 09-18-2006, 04:09 AM

I thought mine would be removed but the doc said since it wasn't diseased we'd keep it. I guess it makes sex more something... wasn't really listening when he told me. I am not sure if there are any other reasons to keep/not keep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2006, 06:37 AM

Amy1970,

Was the freezing successful for you? If you don't mind telling, why did you have to have it done twice? Do you bleed AT ALL anymore????

I'm not sure the exact benefits of keeping the cervix. I think it has something to do with giving support to the pelvic floor muscles, your bladder and also sexual function. But, if anyone knows more specifics I would love to hear them. If the freezing doesn't work, I would like to have it removed, but would love to hear from those of you that don't have your cervix anymore and see if you've had any bladder or sexual problems, if you don't mind sharing.... Thanks!
Unread 09-18-2006, 01:56 PM

Hi KJ, just thought I'd give you a little update. It has now been 7 weeks since they removed my cervix and I feel awesome! I should have had this done at the start. Even though it's only been a few weeks my energy has come soaring back. I walked around Disney this past weekend and had plenty of energy. I did have to get alot of rest that night from feeling a little sore. But to have my energy back is a great thing. I wish you all the best with the freezing!
Unread 09-18-2006, 02:18 PM

Hi Girls, I am so glad to see this topic. I came here today hoping to find some answers too. I had LAVH on 4/26/06 and have had consistant "mini-periods" since my surgery. In June I had the cervical freezing procedure which, for me anyway, did not really help the situation. Today I called and have an appointment in October for some kind of procedure that involves a small cone being inserted into my cervix. Anybody heard of that? Because I kept one ovary my body keeps thinking it is time for a period and my endo tissue is shedding (my best guess anyway.) I am so dissapointed with this surgery. I had hoped to throw away those pads! My Doc says I am in a small minority of women who experience this. While I am sorry that there are even posts dedicated to this, I am thankful that I am not alone.
Unread 09-18-2006, 05:26 PM

[quote=kj7440]Amy1970,

Was the freezing successful for you? If you don't mind telling, why did you have to have it done twice? Do you bleed AT ALL anymore????

----

I had it done to times due to endo and hpv. It reoccured. I had the snip and clip biopsy that hurt a lot worse than the freezing. My cousin had the similar but they burned instead of freezing she still has issues also but not ready for the full hysto. I do not bleed anymore as they took all from me (left the cervix only) I feel 100times better now than before surgery and i'm not 100% recovered. I am sorry that you're having to go through this but please be assured it does get better!
Unread 09-18-2006, 05:59 PM

Oh, so you had the freezing done before your hyst and still have your cervix with no problems? Because I had my hyst on Aug. 15, kept my cervix and that is what is trying to bleed like a period now. Here's to hoping the freezing works, but if not, I would still love to hear from those that don't have their cervix anymore as to whether or not there are any issues I should be aware of if I choose to have mine removed. Thanks so much for all your help and encouragement.
Unread 09-19-2006, 06:24 AM

Shera, I just read your post about the removal of your cervix. What kind of surgery was that and what was your recovery like? I am so tired of my bleeding from my LSH and have an appointment with my Gyn in October. She has suggested another procedue but I am trying to research it to see the effectiveness in the long run. I kept my cervix because of several benefits but now wonder if it was the right decision.
Unread 09-24-2006, 08:20 AM

Hi,
Had my dr appt on Friday, since the bleeding had stopped on its own he decided to wait on the freezing procedure. He said there was still a red inflamed spot on the cervix but it was healing over. If the bleeding returns he will freeze for sure. I asked him last week while it was bleeding if it could be a mini period(the timing was perfect) but he said the bleeding was from the surface not the inside of the cervix. If it happens again at the 4 week interval I will not know what to think ...Unless there is some type of uterine cells on the outside of the cervix...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register