9 months post op-why am i in pain now?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 months post op-why am i in pain now?? 9 months post op-why am i in pain now??

Unread 08-13-2005, 06:13 AM
9 months post op-why am i in pain now??

Surgery 11-04. After the 6-8 week period i felt great...like a new woman. This past June, I started to feel a lot of pain and pressure in my lower ab area. I have a lot of gas, pressure and pain and my back is starting to ache really badly. As I'm using the bathroom, either way, at the end, it's a bit painful but am releived temporarily somewhat at the end of emptying. I can't even lie in the bed for more than 4-5 hours because my back and lower area is very sore. After sitting for long periods of time my butt hurts so bad in my anal area and my vaginal area gets sore as well. Sex is painful also. I also have a brown discharge and i just stink down there (This new smell i noticed after the surgery..i saw posts on the changing body odor). Do you think I may have an infection going on? I don't feel very well, have low energy which is not me at all. I went to my reg dr and he said i didn't have a bladder infection, no temperature.....the only thing he said was, you need to lose weight. this is why you are not feeling well and in pain. I thought this was very insensitive of him especially knowing that i had surgery and said nothing of whether something could be going on as a result of that. I was a bit more active this summer, had 1 family reunion one weekend, vacation the next, another family reunion the next. Do you think I've overdone it and maybe have done some damage? Or maybe an infection? I must admit, I did not go for my 6 month ckup but will be going Monday. Any suggestions on the right questions to ask the dr? I did not have a sling done on anything during surgery. I asked and he said I didn't need it. how do you know if your bladder, anus has moved or shifted? Should I not have had a sling or something else? I'm 41 yrs old. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2005, 09:27 AM
9 months post op-why am i in pain now??

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling so awful, but very glad to know that you are going to follow up with your surgeon on Monday. Be sure to mention all the symptoms you have been having to him/her. (Printing out you thread might be helpful since you have it all written down there.)

As for you GP ignoring your symptoms beyond a possible UTI, if I were you I would re-evaluate that relationship. If I told my GP I was concerned that this was linked to surgery, especially the odor and discharge, and he blamed it all on being overweight, I would be finding a new GP. That's just me.

Let us know what your doctor says on Monday. I hope you feel better very soon.

Maggiemay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register