Appointment Tomorrow to schedule hyst! I'm scared! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Appointment Tomorrow to schedule hyst! I'm scared! Appointment Tomorrow to schedule hyst! I'm scared!

Unread 06-16-2008, 07:15 AM
Appointment Tomorrow to schedule hyst! I'm scared!

Hi sisters. I hope that you all are doing well and my love goes out to each of you. I have my appt tomorrow with my doctor to schedule my hyst and I am going to find out which type of hyst he is going to plan on. I truly hope that it is LSH/BSO because that will be the easiest on me I feel in my heart. I have Stage IV endo and I stopped taking the Lupron because that was making me feel worse than the endo did. Now, I know that a hyst is not a cure for endo but if it will bring at least some quality of life back for me, I am ready to try. So I am nervous and scared about what he may talk to me about tomorrow and all of that good stuff. So......any advice or stories that you may have to offer to me sisters is greatly appreciated. I am taking my booklet with me that I have (100,000 women etc.) and I know that will bring me some comfort so I know exactly what questions to ask and that need answers. Thanks in advance for all the support and advice. Hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2008, 08:16 AM

Hi Suzanne!

I'm having a TAH/possible BSO in 2 weeks for endo & possible adeno. My dr recommended the TAH so he could have a clear view of the abdomen to get as much endo out as possible. I can SO relate to the Lupron issue! We've tried everything else, and a hysterectomy is the best option for me now. You'll see from reading around on the site that there are a variety of emotions all of us are going through (I've been doing pretty well, then looked at the calendar and I'm starting to get a little freaky). If I were you, I'd put my nervousness into action - control what you can, pray about what you can't! You've got your questions list. There are also some good articles on the pre-op page with additional questions as well. Don't leave the doctor's office until you have a solution that feels good to you. That's one thing that calms me - I may get nervous about the events to come, but I can look back and reassure myself that we made the best decision with the options available. Hope this helps - I'll be thinking about you!
Unread 06-16-2008, 09:25 AM

I just wanted to say "Welcome" I am having a TAH/BSO in 8 days. Mine is because of fibroids. Just wanted to wish you luck at your appt tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2008, 09:48 AM

{{{suzyqsings}}}

Good luck at your appointment. Be sure to read the articles that deal directly with endo. It might give you some added information.

Will keep you lifted in prayer...

Blessings,
Unread 06-16-2008, 09:37 PM

Best of luck to all of you! I will be saying prayers for all of you. I had a TAH/BSO on April 23 and remember being where all of you are. I was so frightened, but this site sure helped. You all will get through it. Make sure you post so we know how you did.
Unread 06-17-2008, 05:01 PM

Hi Suzanne....how did your appointment go hon
I also had stage IV endo, and had to have a TAH/BSO, so they can explore and see about how much endo they were able to get out
Unread 06-17-2008, 07:28 PM

Blessings and peace to you as you prepare for this. Please let us know how your visit went with your doctor today.

I will be having a TAH/BSO, due to fibroids and bleeding, minor endo. I have a peace about my surgery that comes from my faith in Jesus Christ, my supportive family, and a caring, diligent doctor who has been there for me through several scares and this most recent upheaval.

I am a bit scared, who wouldn't be? It's major surgery and a life changing event. But my hopes for the future and getting my health back outweigh my concerns about the surgery and the recovery. I see both as stepping stones to my future.
Unread 06-18-2008, 07:45 AM

A great big hug goes to all of you for your support, stories, and guidance for me. This is truly a journey that I am ready to take and I know with God's help, love, guidance, and lots of prayers, I will be okay. I have never had to stay in a hospital before (all of my previous surgeries have been outpatient) so I guess that is the part that is getting to me the most. My husband is very supportive and is going to go to work because he does not handle hospitals very well (we lost his Dad in the hospital) so my Mom will be with me and staying with me.

My doctor is a great man and is a Christian doctor (he actually prays with you before surgery - great huh?). It is so refreshing to know that I will be taken care of. He is doing the TAH/BSO/LOA because he wants to ensure that all endo, adhesions, or anything else he may find is gone. He believes that I have been through enough and I truly appreciate his feelings on my situation. So sisters.....my surgery is on 8/11 and I will keep you all posted on how things are going with me (before and after). I don't know what I would do without all of you being there for me. I owe you a great big hug so give yourself a big hug from me!
Unread 06-18-2008, 08:17 AM

I'm glad you feel at ease with your decision and it is really wonderful that you have a Christian dr. I'm sure their are plenty of them but I don't think they show that side of themselves to their patients enough.

Good luck with your surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register