post op & childcare | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

post op & childcare post op & childcare

Unread 02-03-2014, 11:08 PM
post op & childcare

My mom is ready to.send me back to my normal stay at home duties w my 2 yr old I had a molar preg that turned into cancer so I had the hysterectomy. My daughter is not fat but shes solid about 35lbs and I dont feel comfortable lifting her as sometimes she wont come to me for diaper changes. Should I be doing all thst so soon bc my body says no.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2014, 11:28 PM
Re: post op & childcare

Wow Christy there is no way you should pick her up. Does she like to draw or color? Maybe you can "bribe" her by telling her you will (draw her a picture/color with her/read to her/watch something with her) if she lets you change her diaper. Whichever one works at whichever time...I know it changes minute by minute with 2 year olds. My kids loves brushing my hair at that age for some reason...Maybe just camping out in one room on the floor with blankets and pillows so you don't have to get up so much. Hope this helps and maybe others will have ideas as well. Hugs, CJ
Unread 02-03-2014, 11:59 PM

Please try to convince your mother that HER baby had cancer and major surgery and does not need to be caring for a two year old yet! My surgery was a week before yours, and my babies are 19 year old twins away at college! No way would I have been able to take care of a two year old two weeks out from surgery, or even three weeks like I am now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2014, 12:47 AM

I am in the same boat, it is scary. Only I am grandma watching grand daughter that lives with us. I have her from time mom goes to work till my husband gets home. I have had mornings I kept one of my teen kids home to help. I am just not able mentally or physically. My husband has been great hurrying home from work...when he gets off at 8...good luck, hope it works out for you...just take care of yourself. It's hard to do..
Unread 02-04-2014, 05:10 AM

Couldn't agree more. If you can, get a nanny for the day. You need to rest and take it very easy. Your body has been shocked and trying to figure out what's going on. It does take time to heal and be back to normal.

I hope Mummy will be more sympathetic.....*praying for you*
Unread 02-04-2014, 12:22 PM

Um, if there's any way for you to stay with her or get help during the day, do it. I have almost 3 year old twins and I cannot care for them yet. I tried lifting one for the first time this weekend - they are small, only 30lbs. A few hours later I started spotting then passed a clot and had a whole day of bad cramps. Now, it could have been coincidence. And it certainly may just be my body and won't happen to you. Its just a cautionary story that we really are still healing and the lifting and bending required to care for a small child is one of the last things we should be doing if at all avoidable. Hugs!
Unread 02-04-2014, 04:25 PM

I am a nanny and was told at least 6 more weeks before I can go back to work. That was at my two week get my staples out appointment. I was told no lifting more then 10lbs if that much. The boy I watch is over 30 lbs also and I wouldn't dream of lifting him right now. I am 3 weeks out of surgery. If all else fails GET A DR NOTE for your mother. That way she can't make you go back before you are ready.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register